Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Gettign a digi camera fixed

Gettign a digi camera fixed

Old May 9th 2010, 4:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gettign a digi camera fixed

HAs anyone had this done over here (dxb) and can they recommend anyone?

I've got a sony cybershot (the drunkcam I call it as its the one I take out ont eh piss) and it's been dropped a few times and needs a good service and sorted, would be a shame to chuck it away.

Thing is I bet there's a million places to get it sorted and I'd imagine 90% of them are shit.

Anyone?
Old May 9th 2010, 5:40 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gettign a digi camera fixed

Can't possibly be worth it, Spugsy. 100 quid will buy you something perfect to take out on the piss--you'll end up spending at least half that, I'd have thought, for a repair, but with zero guarantee that it'll last or something else won't break. And if your Cybershot's more than a year or so old, then something new for about a 100 quid is probably going to be better anyway...
Old May 9th 2010, 5:48 am
Banned

Malibu Ken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Spugsy
HAs anyone had this done over here (dxb) and can they recommend anyone?

I've got a sony cybershot (the drunkcam I call it as its the one I take out ont eh piss) and it's been dropped a few times and needs a good service and sorted, would be a shame to chuck it away.

Thing is I bet there's a million places to get it sorted and I'd imagine 90% of them are shit.

Anyone?
Thats like trying to fix a disposable lighter. Just get a new one..They get better and cheaper everyear..My buddy paid $10,000 for a 7 Mega Pixel Camera 5 years ago and I brought my kid a new one for Christmas this year for $100.
Old May 9th 2010, 5:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Can't possibly be worth it, Spugsy. 100 quid will buy you something perfect to take out on the piss--you'll end up spending at least half that, I'd have thought, for a repair, but with zero guarantee that it'll last or something else won't break. And if your Cybershot's more than a year or so old, then something new for about a 100 quid is probably going to be better anyway...
Oh I didn't see this before I posted my response..I think Spugly's been hit in the head by to many soccer balls.
Old May 9th 2010, 5:57 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I agree with Bahtatboy in that its better to replace than repair these days. I recently bought an Olympus (cant remember the model number) but its 10MP, waterproof and shockproof. Think it cost around AED 1000. It has been snorkeling, abused on a beach and generally gets a bad time whenever me and the missus go out. I was so pleased that I got one for my 19 Y/O Son and he seriously abuses the thing.

Try DG Sharaf or Carrefour, knowledgeable staff and good prices.

Good luck
Old May 9th 2010, 6:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TheShed
I agree with Bahtatboy in that its better to replace than repair these days. I recently bought an Olympus (cant remember the model number) but its 10MP, waterproof and shockproof. Think it cost around AED 1000. It has been snorkeling, abused on a beach and generally gets a bad time whenever me and the missus go out. I was so pleased that I got one for my 19 Y/O Son and he seriously abuses the thing.

Good luck
I said it better than Bahtaboy did..Sprugsy is like my wife, she's so stupid she wanted me to get a 10 year old computer fixed. The new computers are 50 times faster, with 30 times the computing power, for a tiny fraction of the cost. When I try explain that to her she says stuff like "you think you know everything don't you"
Old May 9th 2010, 11:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malibu Ken
I said it better than Bahtaboy did..Sprugsy is like my wife, she's so stupid she wanted me to get a 10 year old computer fixed. The new computers are 50 times faster, with 30 times the computing power, for a tiny fraction of the cost. When I try explain that to her she says stuff like "you think you know everything don't you"
No you didn't, Barbie...
Old May 9th 2010, 2:32 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed

Good luck
thats the fûcking OTHER one I have that doesn't work!

I got that one and after 6 months it was full of water and stopped working, so took it to Olympus at Dubai Mall, 'oh it has a 1 year warranty', me - 'no it bastard doesn't its 2 years', them 'oh well in the Me its one year so you will have to send it back toteh UK to get fixed.

Useless.

Hmmmm you are all probably right, but in my limited capacity I reckon the thing just needs opened up and tightened up and it'll work.

I bought the missus one of the new, slim cybershots and its the business, but I do need a spare drunk one.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:49 pm
Hit 16's

I bought the missus one of the new, slim cybershots and its the business, but I do need a spare drunk one.
A spare drunk missus??
Old May 11th 2010, 6:06 pm
Banned

Milk Toast is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, does anyone know where I can get a fork repaired..I broke one last night?

One of the tongs broke off, maybe a welder nearby Disco Gardens?
Old May 11th 2010, 7:39 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milk Toast
Ah, does anyone know where I can get a fork repaired..I broke one last night?

One of the tongs broke off, maybe a welder nearby Disco Gardens?
Hello MT, back again?

Is it a dinner fork or a garden fork?
Old May 11th 2010, 7:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hello MT, back again?

Is it a dinner fork or a garden fork?
this cünt won't ever leave us alone will he?
Old May 12th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

this cünt won't ever leave us alone will he?
Find the number of Jumbo Electronics Service Centre, they are agents, may give you some idea of costs. It is located near DXB airport.