British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Getaway in October (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/getaway-october-682345/)

Euc- Aug 23rd 2010 4:45 am

Getaway in October

So I have some vacation days left which I need to spend before the first of November and I want to get out of the country for a few days, somewhere in the second week of October.

It will just be me-myself and I and don't want to spend to much money. All in all should be around 2500dhs incl. airfare. Don't care much about accommodation as long as it is clean and they have something to eat, would like to do some sightseeing, good food and nice restaurants. Bit like the going to Barcelona/Paris for a few days back in Europe

Been to Muscat a few months ago, want something new. I thought about Ammam which could be an option, but actually seriously considering Teheran. Of course if the political situation permits it. Any advise, suggestions? Anyone ever been perhaps?

Autonomy Aug 23rd 2010 5:21 am

Re: Getaway in October

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8795625)
So I have some vacation days left which I need to spend before the first of November and I want to get out of the country for a few days, somewhere in the second week of October.

It will just be me-myself and I and don't want to spend to much money. All in all should be around 2500dhs incl. airfare. Don't care much about accommodation as long as it is clean and they have something to eat, would like to do some sightseeing, good food and nice restaurants. Bit like the going to Barcelona/Paris for a few days back in Europe

Been to Muscat a few months ago, want something new. I thought about Ammam which could be an option, but actually seriously considering Teheran. Of course if the political situation permits it. Any advise, suggestions? Anyone ever been perhaps?

Fly Dubai - you can go to Alexandria or Luxor for about 900dhs return.

Beirut is my fav. city near by.

I adored Sana'a but that's if you think the risk is worth it (I still think if you stay in the city you will be fine)

I didn't think that much of Amman.

Ethos83 Aug 23rd 2010 5:23 am

You can fly to Goa and Kerali fairly cheaply. Check out Air Arabia out of Sharjah for their destinations, which also includes Kathmandu.

lionheart Aug 23rd 2010 5:36 am

Nairobi is only about Dhs1,500 with Air Arabia.

Bijilo123 Aug 23rd 2010 5:44 am

Damascus is worthwhile.

StublueKPL Aug 23rd 2010 5:51 am

As mentioned, Beirut is a good option if you want decent nightlife etc

Millhouse Aug 23rd 2010 6:08 am

According to the advert at the bottom of this page...

BA Sale: London AED 2255
Flights to London from AED 2255 return. Book online by August 31!

Tillybean Aug 23rd 2010 7:03 am

I have been looking at the following places:

Beirut
Istanbul (and Turkey in general as its very cheap once there)
KL with Air Arabia