British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Get in Wigan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/get-wigan-796718/)

britexpat76 May 11th 2013 6:21 pm

Get in Wigan

I couldn't be happier for the premiership paupers beating the Millionaires of Citeh.

Shit game, great result

Sandboy May 11th 2013 6:31 pm

Re: Get in Wigan

Brilliant :lol:

All that money... But you can't buy cojones

Eva May 11th 2013 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10703745)
Brilliant :lol:

All that money... But you can't buy cojones

Lol,

Is Mr Whelan Santa?

Watched it under protest,fell asleep half way thru ( jet lag & tedium),woke up
for the last ten minutes and the 90th of the game..fantastic.

Due respect from MC fans staying thru rain and from their Captain acknowledging W.A 's superlative performance.

Shame S.Mancini remains ambivalent and can't admit defeat.

P.s ..Was it a penalty? ....

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2013 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10703732)
I couldn't be happier for the premiership paupers beating the Millionaires of Citeh.

Shit game, great result

Shit game?

Was quality!

Mcmanamann could be incredible, just fear that he's a dirty little pikey.

The Dean May 12th 2013 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10703764)
Shit game?

Was quality!

No I'm in the 'shit game' lobby too - imagine if that had ended 0-0 at 90 mins....... what would you honestly have remembered about it? Wigan had one shot on target, and scored from it..... fair enough.

jam25mack May 12th 2013 4:34 am

Awesome!

Forgot about it and so only turned on at halftime. City were shocking and there can be no complaints about Zabaletta's second yellow (dunno about the first).

Good work Wigan, now all you need to do is stay up! Credit to Martinez, he comes across as a really nice guy.

Only negative is that I put a £5 on Wigan winning but didn't notice is was winning in extra time and not normal..... Doh! That was a 40/1 as well using 365 'in play'.

scrubbedexpat141 May 12th 2013 4:45 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10704096)
No I'm in the 'shit game' lobby too - imagine if that had ended 0-0 at 90 mins....... what would you honestly have remembered about it? Wigan had one shot on target, and scored from it..... fair enough.

Nah, a shit game would have been City winning 2-0 at half time and just coasting the second half.

0-0 up until the end was exciting, Wigan hammered City and got hammered back. It was a lot of end-to-end stuff.

mentalist May 12th 2013 4:48 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10704096)

Strange comment. I am a City fan and can remember several blocked shots from both teams. I thought it was a good even game until Zabaleta ruined the party by getting sent off. Congratulations to Wigan. They were the better team on the day. Goodbye Mancini it seems.

Sandboy May 12th 2013 6:45 am

Fair play to City fans mind, an awful lot stayed behind at the end which seldom happens these days

I quite enjoyed the game too, City were shite, Wigan weren't.

The Dean May 12th 2013 6:51 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10704138)
Strange comment. I am a City fan and can remember several blocked shots from both teams. I thought it was a good even game until Zabaleta ruined the party by getting sent off. Congratulations to Wigan. They were the better team on the day. Goodbye Mancini it seems.

Statistics quirk - the way they (Opta etc) record shots 'on target' is actually if they reach the goal (or goalkeeper). Blocked shots don't count, even if they were heading goalwards.

britexpat76 May 12th 2013 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10704134)
0-0 up until the end was exciting, Wigan hammered City and got hammered back. It was a lot of end-to-end stuff.

You and your rugby philosophy! As a neutral football fan I would of been happy with 4-6 to Wigan so 0-0 is fairly dull.

As others have said Whelan and Martinez are far more deserving that Mancini and Mansour...

scrubbedexpat141 May 12th 2013 7:14 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10704227)
You and your rugby philosophy! As a neutral football fan I would of been happy with 4-6 to Wigan so 0-0 is fairly dull.

As others have said Whelan and Martinez are far more deserving that Mancini and Mansour...

It was a decent game of football, classic cup match with big v small and small really deserving it.

Don't talk to me about rugby. ****ing Leicester.

Spugsy May 13th 2013 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10703764)
Shit game?

Was quality!

And half *****ing snaps legs as well!

Nah I loved it, proper football, great game, people going mad and the underdog coming out on top.

Wigan actually have some very good players and a very good manager. Good on 'em.

And tough City, they thought they'd turn up with top class players and walk it - they were gash.

Spugsy May 13th 2013 6:32 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10704222)
Statistics quirk - the way they (Opta etc) record shots 'on target' is actually if they reach the goal (or goalkeeper). Blocked shots don't count, even if they were heading goalwards.

Stats mean ***** all man, was it a full blooded enjoyable game?

Yes, yes it was.

Sandboy May 13th 2013 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10705422)
Stats mean ***** all man, was it a full blooded enjoyable game?

Yes, yes it was.

Was for one team, if you knew nothing about football and sat down to watch that game you'd have struggled to identify the team that cost mega bucks, City's performance was bloody woeful