British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Gerry McCann (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/gerry-mccann-498607/)

arbroath_abroad Dec 8th 2007 4:40 am

Gerry McCann

what the hell is my country coming to.

Only in RC run Scotland:curse:

leave 3 kids with a combined age in single digits alone whilst out boozing. Oh yea and use the 'maddie fund' to help with your mortgage funds..

A disgrace, i expect that of the Welsh, not us

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wmaddy107.xml

Confucius Dec 8th 2007 5:04 am

Re: Gerry McCann

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5645573)
what the hell is my country coming to.

Only in RC run Scotland:curse:

leave 3 kids with a combined age in single digits alone whilst out boozing. Oh yea and use the 'maddie fund' to help with your mortgage funds..

A disgrace, i expect that of the Welsh, not us

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wmaddy107.xml

Well son, the people of the Middle East have had enough of Adventures of The McCanns...
Now we are more interested in the stock markets and the Dirham peggy/revaluation fiasco...

arbroath_abroad Dec 8th 2007 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5645601)
Well son, the people of the Middle East have had enough of Adventures of The McCanns...
Now we are more interested in the stock markets and the Dirham peggy/revaluation fiasco...

TBH i have not paid much attention to them either of late, but someone sent me that link. Its disgraceful but agree has bugger all to do with the middle east:D

Blue Cat Dec 8th 2007 5:41 am

absolute disgrace :(

Fairydust Dec 8th 2007 5:46 am

Personally I see nothing disgraceful about it at all :confused:

Confucius Dec 8th 2007 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5645647)

What you said...

Fairydust Dec 8th 2007 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5645670)
What you said...

what did I say ...

arbroath_abroad Dec 8th 2007 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5645647)

why?

Im interested on your opinion on this... :)

mind you, the way that they have managed to turn a 'find maddy' fund into a mortgage paying slushfund is deserving of an award...

Regardless of whether they are guilty or not, it is down to their actions or lack of that thier Daughter is missing and lets face it presumed dead.

Great FD, give the guy an award eh?

Border Reiver Dec 8th 2007 9:33 am

Got to agree with Abroath on this one. Mind you, the other contenders aren't up to much either. Surely there is somebody from Scotland who has achieved something useful in the last 12 months?

Surprised nobody has picked up on the cheap shot at the Welsh though:rofl:

Confucius Dec 8th 2007 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 5645995)
Got to agree with Abroath on this one. Mind you, the other contenders aren't up to much either. Surely there is somebody from Scotland who has achieved something useful in the last 12 months?

Surprised nobody has picked up on the cheap shot at the Welsh though:rofl:

A side question for you, and it has been bugging some of the people for some time;are you a man or a woman???

Dago Dec 8th 2007 2:58 pm

Hi, Taffy the leek here.

What do you mean by RC run Scotland. Surely you don't mean as opposed to a management more likely to be seen in Ibrox Stadium do you?

I am genuinely intrigued as much as genuinely not Welsh - the latter almost making it into a list of major regrets in my life.

This goes back to the days of bartering the colour schemes of the Glasgow Bus with that of the Glasgow Underground by the sounds of things.

D (Kirkie / Hillhead / etc / Kuwait)

Dago Dec 8th 2007 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5646750)
A side question for you, and it has been bugging some of the people for some time;are you a man or a woman???

Smoked Haddock - Arbroath is. You can discover Border's gender by sending a DNA sample to the Portuguese Police.

Confucius Dec 8th 2007 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dago (Post 5646771)
Smoked Haddock - Arbroath is. You can discover Border's gender by sending a DNA sample to the Portuguese Police.

If I see BR,I won't need a DNA sample...I will send BR directly to the Portuguese Police...

Dago Dec 8th 2007 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5646779)
If I see BR,I won't need a DNA sample...I will send BR directly to the Portuguese Police...

That will be a breakthrough in modern criminology.

Border Reiver Dec 9th 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5646750)

Hermaphrodite, but I couldn't find a symbol for it to put next to my avatar. Seriously though, I'm just a bunch of pixels on a screen. Please tell me people have better things to worry about.