Generation

Old Mar 5th 2018, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Generation

Originally Posted by Arnold S
It's not really, you're literally talking about a pub full of radical feminists enjoying the notoriety that making trolling and sometimes bigoted comments brings. On the flip side, you have the trans-activists which among them has unearthed some absolute crackpots, out solely for confrontation with feminists.

Its all deep meta identity politics spawned from the pages of 4Chan and Reddit and while baffling to most, not too dissimilar to the Uni Soc politics satirised in Life Of Brian.

I'm not a member, or would even currently vote for Labour, but many of my FB friends are. Some are even activists. I also have a number of SNP supporters in my circle too who would regard themselves left of centre.

I don't have time to collate the data but it's still very much health care provision, taxation, social welfare, unemployment and workers rights that is driving the concerns of "the left".
You obviously haven't been paying attention to Munroe Bergdorf. Or the insidious takeover by Momentum and driving out the moderates. All of this is pretty obvious if you wanted to see it.

Most Labour rank and file voters are concerned about other, far more pressing issues, but it's dangerous to try pretend that the party activists and leadership aren't being caught up in cultural battles. After all, this is a party whose top three figures are Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Generation

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
You obviously haven't been paying attention to Munroe Bergdorf. Or the insidious takeover by Momentum and driving out the moderates. All of this is pretty obvious if you wanted to see it.
I've had the misfortune to see it and even wasted a few hours of my own life looking into it. There was one (1) party activist suspended for making bigoted remarks and has since took it upon herself to continually bait as many people as possible online. She also tried to hold a public forum but keeps claiming she is getting shut down by "trans fascists" when I suspect she keeps cancelling them due to poor or no ticket sales.

There's been a few other "TERF" speakers trying to eek out an online following, and at the same time I'll acknowledge actual academic radical, feminists have broached the topic but are far from defining themselves by it.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
but it's dangerous to try pretend that the party activists and leadership aren't being caught up in cultural battles.
True, one might start believing in "Reds under the bed" fear mongering.