Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

GBP/AED hits 6.85...............

GBP/AED hits 6.85...............

Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GBP/AED hits 6.85...............

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
monsieur medusa is paid in sterling...

MM, xx
No wonder you have had a self-satisfied smirk on your face over the past 18 months...payback time cometh
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:21 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/f...elve_month.stm

That's quite a drop....
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:31 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

it's about time the UAE Dirham strengthened. Things here are getting way too expensive and the rapid decline of the $ (and the AED) over the past few years has not been a good thing.

Have a look at this historic currency data... The days of GBP/AED = 5.5 may not be too far off again.

Go AED!

Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
ah, good for me but not you then pet.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:48 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: GBP/AED hits 6.85...............

Originally Posted by Shadya
Its temporary USD strength.
But just to clarify here there is some concern that the UK's economy (and elsewhere) is stalling as well (high inflation and faltering growth).

The US dollars new found strength isnt really undermined by any actual change in the economic outlook.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:51 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charismatic
But just to clarify here there is some concern that the UK's economy (and elsewhere) is stalling as well (high inflation and faltering growth).
The UK's 4% inflation isn't high when compared to the UAE's 13.2% in the 1st half of this year
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic

The US dollars new found strength isnt really undermined by any actual change in the economic outlook.
so if I get paid in dirhams and send cash back to pay off my mortgage and credit cards, basically this is only a good thing for me?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
The UK's 4% inflation isn't high when compared to the UAE's 13.2% in the 1st half of this year
Factory gate inflation jumped to the highest rate in the last 12 years though .

I dont like CPI figures.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:05 am