Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

garage/carport doors...

garage/carport doors...

Old May 21st 2011, 3:58 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default garage/carport doors...

ok..

we have found a house that we like, with a lovely double garage, which will house one of our cars and be my bike store/triathlon/spinner stowage.

only issue is that the garage which is fully walled on 3 sides has no front door. So we are looking to get quotes to install a garage door and appropriate A/C

Anyone know of any vendors that install these garage doors. The house is in the Ranches, but i guess its the same style of doors as you see dotted around the meadows

cheers for the help
Old May 21st 2011, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: garage/carport doors...

Originally Posted by commander
ok..

we have found a house that we like, with a lovely double garage, which will house one of our cars and be my bike store/triathlon/spinner stowage.

only issue is that the garage which is fully walled on 3 sides has no front door. So we are looking to get quotes to install a garage door and appropriate A/C

Anyone know of any vendors that install these garage doors. The house is in the Ranches, but i guess its the same style of doors as you see dotted around the meadows

cheers for the help
Good luck. Most likely it is probably not allowed. Emaar community rules.
Old May 21st 2011, 4:11 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Good luck. Most likely it is probably not allowed. Emaar community rules.
loads of them in the same street have these, so id be surprised if there was an issue?
Old May 21st 2011, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

loads of them in the same street have these, so id be surprised if there was an issue?
I'm sure I read (or was told) that you need permission from Emaar first which could be painful. I looked into it (a little) when we were viewing Saheels and I was told that not all were allowed a garage door.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:55 pm
banned

Interesting, cheers. It is for Saheel also. We are meeting the LL tomorrow.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

My old director lived in Saheel. He said the villas with garage doors were villas lived in by the owners. Those without doors were rented.
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:08 am
banned

Originally Posted by Ethos83
My old director lived in Saheel. He said the villas with garage doors were villas lived in by the owners. Those without doors were rented.

Cheers, well let's see what the LL says today. Nothing like a stupid rule to screw things up.

We won't take the house otherwise.
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you definately need to get planning permission which is costly and timely and there is no guarantee they will say yes.
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:11 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you definately need to get planning permission which is costly and timely and there is no guarantee they will say yes.
we met the Landlord today, submitted to him the quotes and work starts tomorrow..

He has 10 properties in AR. some have garage doors and some do not.

He didnt seem to think that it will be any issue what so ever. Its his money so i doubt he would start the work without ensuring it is all above board.

Its all good.
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

we met the Landlord today, submitted to him the quotes and work starts tomorrow..

He has 10 properties in AR. some have garage doors and some do not.

He didnt seem to think that it will be any issue what so ever. Its his money so i doubt he would start the work without ensuring it is all above board.

Its all good.
hope it all goes through! well done
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:39 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
hope it all goes through! well done
cheers, its just what we were looking for.

With the A/C garage it basically gives me another room as right now i have the maids room for my bikes and other sports gear. Ill even set up my turbo trainer in there for the summer.

anyway, its not signed sealed or delivered yet and ive been in the area long enough to know not to take anything for granted....
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:48 am
Concierge

With the A/C garage it basically gives me another room as right now i have the maids room for my bikes and other sports gear. Ill even set up my turbo trainer in there for the summer.

anyway, its not signed sealed or delivered yet and ive been in the area long enough to know not to take anything for granted....
if it's meant to be it will happen, big believer in fate I am, you will love it up there, most of my pals are on the Ranches and they are more than happy with the set up. Just a shame you can't get a school place
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Saheel or Miradoor?

Will you be keeping the cars in the AC'd garage too?
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:39 am
banned

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Saheel or Miradoor?

Will you be keeping the cars in the AC'd garage too?
saheel.

My wife's motor will be in the garage (we own it). My works 4x4 will suffer out on the street.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

saheel.

My wife's motor will be in the garage (we own it). My works 4x4 will suffer out on the street.
Nice. I quite liked the Saheels. 3 bed or 5?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.