Gah! HSBC then....

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gah! HSBC then....

...ok so for some reason everyone at work hasn't been paid, it's goingin late for some reason,

so HSBC straight on the phone to me this morning wanting to know why my 7k AED loan hasn't been paid, asked me to put some cash in to cover it,

then they rang me again, asking same questions but it was a different person, so I explained I'd just spoke to someone, their english wasn't great so I shouted at him and put the phone down, couldn't be arsed really,

but what usually happens with banks about this? the pay will be in soon no doubt, but you don't mess banks about over here do you? Even though its my companies fault,

any idea how much I'll be fined or how much the charges will be?

Ta.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:43 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gah! HSBC then....

Originally Posted by Spugsy
...ok so for some reason everyone at work hasn't been paid, it's goingin late for some reason,

so HSBC straight on the phone to me this morning wanting to know why my 7k AED loan hasn't been paid, asked me to put some cash in to cover it,

then they rang me again, asking same questions but it was a different person, so I explained I'd just spoke to someone, their english wasn't great so I shouted at him and put the phone down, couldn't be arsed really,

but what usually happens with banks about this? the pay will be in soon no doubt, but you don't mess banks about over here do you? Even though its my companies fault,

Ta.
I think the fact that you answered your UAE mobile number should be enough for them to calm down a bit.....

How many times do they get a 'Not In Service' message????
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:43 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Deportation, mateSeriously, even if they fine you, send them a begging e-mail and they may just retract it. Stranger things have happened.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.
if you get fined make the Company pay it, it's their fault paying in cheques late
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if you get fined make the Company pay it, it's their fault paying in cheques late
turns out the company paid it the same date they always do and the delay is HSBCs fault.

Or so I'm told. This is going to run and run eh?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

turns out the company paid it the same date they always do and the delay is HSBCs fault.

yup it is
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yup it is
ah well they can piss off, the money should be in soon, it's not as if they haven't f¨cked me around.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I normally get paid 28th monthly, regular as clockwork. Not last month - me plus 5 other colleagues with HSBC accounts had their salary payments delayed. Apparently work transferred the money to HSBC via their NBAD account, but that is when the problem began - HSBC seemed to have mislaid" the money". It took 2 days to sort out. Got paid yesterday.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:27 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
I normally get paid 28th monthly, regular as clockwork. Not last month - me plus 5 other colleagues with HSBC accounts had their salary payments delayed. Apparently work transferred the money to HSBC via their NBAD account, but that is when the problem began - HSBC seemed to have mislaid" the money". It took 2 days to sort out. Got paid yesterday.
Exactly the same has happened with our company from NBD to HSBC
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rowell
Exactly the same has happened with our company from NBD to HSBC
I get the impression that there is a hate-hate relationship between these two banks. I have twice had perfectly good NBD salary cheques refused by HSBC (alleged date or handwriting issues) and new cheques had to be written. Petty to say the least.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:36 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If that is the case, then you have no liability and if they try and charge you a fee, make a formal complaint. Insist that they open a complaint file, so they give you a reference number.

Of course, you could always write to that great consumer advocate who has just resolved another HSBC problem (see personal Finance section of The National this saturday folks!)

-
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow
If that is the case, then you have no liability and if they try and charge you a fee, make a formal complaint. Insist that they open a complaint file, so they give you a reference number.

Of course, you could always write to that great consumer advocate who has just resolved another HSBC problem (see personal Finance section of The National this saturday folks!)

-
I sent you an email today about my deposit cheque, 3 weeks since we moved out and I still haven't got it - did you get the mail pet?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:35 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I sent you an email today about my deposit cheque, 3 weeks since we moved out and I still haven't got it - did you get the mail pet?
One of about 50 emails today and I am still at my desk! Have just replied.

-