British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Gah! HSBC then.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/gah-hsbc-then-601388/)

Spugsy Apr 2nd 2009 8:36 am

Gah! HSBC then....

...ok so for some reason everyone at work hasn't been paid, it's goingin late for some reason,

so HSBC straight on the phone to me this morning wanting to know why my 7k AED loan hasn't been paid, asked me to put some cash in to cover it,

then they rang me again, asking same questions but it was a different person, so I explained I'd just spoke to someone, their english wasn't great so I shouted at him and put the phone down, couldn't be arsed really,

but what usually happens with banks about this? the pay will be in soon no doubt, but you don't mess banks about over here do you? Even though its my companies fault,

any idea how much I'll be fined or how much the charges will be?

Ta.

TGFKASE Apr 2nd 2009 8:43 am

Re: Gah! HSBC then....

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7444413)
...ok so for some reason everyone at work hasn't been paid, it's goingin late for some reason,

so HSBC straight on the phone to me this morning wanting to know why my 7k AED loan hasn't been paid, asked me to put some cash in to cover it,

then they rang me again, asking same questions but it was a different person, so I explained I'd just spoke to someone, their english wasn't great so I shouted at him and put the phone down, couldn't be arsed really,

but what usually happens with banks about this? the pay will be in soon no doubt, but you don't mess banks about over here do you? Even though its my companies fault,

Ta.

I think the fact that you answered your UAE mobile number should be enough for them to calm down a bit.....

How many times do they get a 'Not In Service' message????

lionheart Apr 2nd 2009 8:43 am

Deportation, mate:ohmy:Seriously, even if they fine you, send them a begging e-mail and they may just retract it. Stranger things have happened.

Blue Cat Apr 2nd 2009 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7444413)

Ta.

if you get fined make the Company pay it, it's their fault paying in cheques late :(

Spugsy Apr 2nd 2009 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7444557)
if you get fined make the Company pay it, it's their fault paying in cheques late :(

turns out the company paid it the same date they always do and the delay is HSBCs fault.

Or so I'm told. This is going to run and run eh?

Blue Cat Apr 2nd 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7444587)
turns out the company paid it the same date they always do and the delay is HSBCs fault.

yup it is :(

Spugsy Apr 2nd 2009 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7444651)
yup it is :(

ah well they can piss off, the money should be in soon, it's not as if they haven't f¨cked me around.

weescot Apr 2nd 2009 11:20 am

I normally get paid 28th monthly, regular as clockwork. Not last month - me plus 5 other colleagues with HSBC accounts had their salary payments delayed. Apparently work transferred the money to HSBC via their NBAD account, but that is when the problem began - HSBC seemed to have mislaid" the money". It took 2 days to sort out. Got paid yesterday.

rowell Apr 2nd 2009 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 7444819)
I normally get paid 28th monthly, regular as clockwork. Not last month - me plus 5 other colleagues with HSBC accounts had their salary payments delayed. Apparently work transferred the money to HSBC via their NBAD account, but that is when the problem began - HSBC seemed to have mislaid" the money". It took 2 days to sort out. Got paid yesterday.

Exactly the same has happened with our company from NBD to HSBC

lionheart Apr 2nd 2009 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 7445003)
Exactly the same has happened with our company from NBD to HSBC

I get the impression that there is a hate-hate relationship between these two banks. I have twice had perfectly good NBD salary cheques refused by HSBC (alleged date or handwriting issues) and new cheques had to be written. Petty to say the least.

Meow Apr 2nd 2009 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7444587)

If that is the case, then you have no liability and if they try and charge you a fee, make a formal complaint. Insist that they open a complaint file, so they give you a reference number.

Of course, you could always write to that great consumer advocate who has just resolved another HSBC problem (see personal Finance section of The National this saturday folks!)

-

Spugsy Apr 2nd 2009 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7445274)
If that is the case, then you have no liability and if they try and charge you a fee, make a formal complaint. Insist that they open a complaint file, so they give you a reference number.

Of course, you could always write to that great consumer advocate who has just resolved another HSBC problem (see personal Finance section of The National this saturday folks!)

-

I sent you an email today about my deposit cheque, 3 weeks since we moved out and I still haven't got it - did you get the mail pet?

Meow Apr 2nd 2009 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7445313)
I sent you an email today about my deposit cheque, 3 weeks since we moved out and I still haven't got it - did you get the mail pet?

One of about 50 emails today and I am still at my desk! Have just replied.

-