The Funeral.........

Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Funeral.........

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Are you a Daily Fail Reader?

You can be patriotic without reading the Fail or being a member on the BNP. Moron.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:50 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Did Brenda & Phil look pleased? I thought the two women didn't get on.

I suspect most people who are anti are signing on and/or have far better things to do with their Weatherspoons drinking time than waste it on her and give the Daily Fail readers something else to whine about.
Sorted that out. I am obviously joking, I was pleased they stayed away and hopefully now that will be that. The historians can now argue over her.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Hardly any protests, lots of applause..it was a lovely, dignified procession..well done the UK.
Lovely to see the Chelsea Pensioners lining the steps.
+1
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You can be patriotic without reading the Fail or being a member on the BNP. Moron.
Good post sir +1
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:59 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Sorted that out. I am obviously joking, I was pleased they stayed away and hopefully now that will be that. The historians can now argue over her.
+1
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle A short, unsweet commentary of the days events from the spot.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
https://twitter.com/frankieboyle A short, unsweet commentary of the days events from the spot.
Frankie Boyle ‏@frankieboyle 10h
A sad day for her friends, I think I noticed a tear forming in the burning eye of Sauron

Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It was quite a honour for the Queen to attend as she broke a long standing if unofficial protocol for she normally only attends funerals (and weddings) of close family members. Even junior royals usually have to make do with a representative sent by the Queen. The last PM's funeral she attended was Churchill's in 1965.

She was under no obligation to attend and she must have known that in doing so she damaged her standing among many people and she could have gotten out of it by sending Charlie boy or whatever his name is of Wessex. That she went herself is telling. I'm sure one of her justifications was Thatcher's leadership during the Falklands war and HM is a staunch supporter of armed forces (mind you I sincerely doubt she'd attend Blair's funeral).

Besides, it's no secret that the royals are deeply conservative. Perhaps underneath her apolitical exterior she was a rabid Thatcherite.
I thought it was tacit protocol for the head of armed forces,who happens to be the Monarch,Lillibet to attend the funeral of P.M's who served in office during successful military campaigns....providing full military honours were observed during funeral ceremony.

P.S...I watched the start of it and couldn't help wonder what caught the Queen's eye about the dressed casket.As the pallbearers drew level with H.M.she casts a glance and immediately turns to D.o.E.,face tripping her and makes some comment prompting him to look over to the coffin bedecked in a flag and bearing a family floral tribute.H.M piqued @ something.Was it the wrong flag or something?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:20 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Eva
I thought it was tacit protocol for the head of armed forces,who happens to be the Monarch,Lillibet to attend the funeral of P.M's who served in office during successful military campaigns....providing full military honours were observed during funeral ceremony.

P.S...I watched the start of it and couldn't help wonder what caught the Queen's eye about the dressed casket.As the pallbearers drew level with H.M.she casts a glance and immediately turns to D.o.E.,face tripping her and makes some comment prompting him to look over to the coffin bedecked in a flag and bearing a family floral tribute.H.M piqued @ something.Was it the wrong flag or something?
I saw that too, though I found it more amuzing that it seemed the DofE couldn't hear her, probably said 'what dear' twice and gave up.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Did Brenda & Phil look pleased? I thought the two women didn't get on.

I suspect most people who are anti are working and/or have far better things to do with their time than waste it on her and give the Daily Fail readers something else to whine about.
I suspect more of the people who are anti were in the pub spending their benefits.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I suspect more of the people who are anti were in the pub spending their benefits.
Are you trying to suggest that only benefit scroungers are anti-Thatcher?

That's just really silly.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Nah! They'd be on a park bench some where with a 3 litre bottle of cheap cider!

More realistically, those who were not her biggest fans probably just went 'tut!' and got on with there normal everyday lives.