Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

a fun day at work on drugs

a fun day at work on drugs

Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:05 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a fun day at work on drugs

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I do go a bit funny on the injections as well- uncontrollable laughing/crying- very strange. Its not that im a smutqueen or anything - It absolutely 100% the drugs lol
that's apparently part of the "fight or flight" reflex. I burst out laughing when I'm being popped at the osteopath - can't help it.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Has normal service resumed now?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

yes thanks Janxy, back to the usual ammount of drivel today no money under my pillow though- obviously no tooth fairies in Dubai! thought Id get lots for a wisdom tooth...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:02 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat

I had a similar experience at the Emirates Hospital in Jumeira. I was being treated by an Egyptian Doctor, and a Nurse from Yorkshire. I needed a few jabs, but it was when he said "Just a small Prick . . ." the nurse and I had the same thought, at the same time! Neither of us could stop laughing! - Had to take a break, and try again later.
Related story.

I worked in Cairo for a couple of years, for a Japanese company building a steel plant in Alexandria. The Japanese Project Manager was a really decent chap, with good English but—as we all do—he made the occasional slip. Every morning we'd have a management meeting, with about 20 staff, mainly Japanese but with 3 or 4 Brits. At the first management meeting during Ramadam there were very few staff still in the office, most of the Japanese having gone home for holiday, leaving about 5 Japanese and us 4 Brits. The Project Manager opened the meeting by intending to say that, as you can see, there aren't many members of the management team here this moring. Unfortunately it came out as, "As you can see, we have small members this morning". 4 convulsed Brits plus 5 puzzled Japanese. Took about 30 minutes before the 4 of us could keep a straight face, and even then we had to avoid eye contact.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Related story.

I worked in Cairo for a couple of years, for a Japanese company building a steel plant in Alexandria. The Japanese Project Manager was a really decent chap, with good English but—as we all do—he made the occasional slip. Every morning we'd have a management meeting, with about 20 staff, mainly Japanese but with 3 or 4 Brits. At the first management meeting during Ramadam there were very few staff still in the office, most of the Japanese having gone home for holiday, leaving about 5 Japanese and us 4 Brits. The Project Manager opened the meeting by intending to say that, as you can see, there aren't many members of the management team here this moring. Unfortunately it came out as, "As you can see, we have small members this morning". 4 convulsed Brits plus 5 puzzled Japanese. Took about 30 minutes before the 4 of us could keep a straight face, and even then we had to avoid eye contact.
Hysterics hit me one day when I got stuck in lift with a colleague. There was an Indian Messenger in there with us, who had a very badly fitting Ginger Wig! While we waited to be released, my mate kept making statements like "I am off to buy a Rug tonight," and "I must buy some Syrup on the way home!"