Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

FTAO Blue Cat - Insette Hairspray delay

FTAO Blue Cat - Insette Hairspray delay

Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of
Default FTAO Blue Cat - Insette Hairspray delay

Bad news on the request for Insette hair lacquer:

1 Not found it yet
2 Broke ankle on Sunday and have been told I am not to fly until the cast comes off in 5-6 weeks (work are not impressed!)

JAG
Old Jul 18th 2007, 5:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FTAO Blue Cat - Insette Hairspray delay

Originally Posted by jebelaligardener
Bad news on the request for Insette hair lacquer:

1 Not found it yet
2 Broke ankle on Sunday and have been told I am not to fly until the cast comes off in 5-6 weeks (work are not impressed!)

JAG
oh my god! hope you are ok ! how did you do that??? if you can't find the Insette don't worry.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

Fell over in the bathroom

Got my first taste of NHS treatment in over 6 years. No wonder there is a shortage of beds. I was in for over 48 hours - partly because one doctor wanted to operate and put plates in my ankle and the following morning the consultant decided against it. When the cast was put on I was told that as soon as it had been xrayed again and the physio has been to see me I should be able to go. 24 hours later I had still not had the xray!

I do feel sorry for the nurses though - long hours and cr*p pay, the stick they put up with from some of the patients (there were a few who really were not with it - one old guy shouting constantly either 'Nurse', 'Help', swearing or the best one 'get me an ambulance I need to go to hospital' was one of the highlights of my stay!)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Fell over in the bathroom

Got my first taste of NHS treatment in over 6 years. No wonder there is a shortage of beds. I was in for over 48 hours - partly because one doctor wanted to operate and put plates in my ankle and the following morning the consultant decided against it. When the cast was put on I was told that as soon as it had been xrayed again and the physio has been to see me I should be able to go. 24 hours later I had still not had the xray!

I do feel sorry for the nurses though - long hours and cr*p pay, the stick they put up with from some of the patients (there were a few who really were not with it - one old guy shouting constantly either 'Nurse', 'Help', swearing or the best one 'get me an ambulance I need to go to hospital' was one of the highlights of my stay!)

make sure you get decent physio when your cast is off as you probably damaged the ligaments as well. I broke my ankle playing American Football 20 years ago and have sprained my ankle probably 20-30 times since then bacause my ligaments are buggered as I didnt get decent physio.

as for the NHS I was admitted over night a couple of years ago with a kidney stone (ouch) and was surprised about how good the care was, once I had got past A&E that is.

At least NHS beds have curtains around them. I spent 12 days in a German hospital with a reptured patella tendon. Only 4 people in the ward but no curtains around the beds which was not nice when others were using bed pans!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Managed to get a room to myself. The ward was full of old people waiting for hip replacements which may be why a spring chicken like myself got a room on her own.

Only got a brief visit from the physio - mainly to show me how to get up and down stairs with the crutches. She did tell me to do some exercises to try to keep the strength up in the thigh area. Will see the physio again when the cast comes off.

Currently pants at using the crutches. Doesnt help that there are two steps down into the kitchen and the bathroom is past the kitchen. This morning I braved it on my own. After getting to the bathroom, I managed to make myself a cup of coffee but knowing I couldnt carry it anywhere had to resort to sitting on the steps to drink my cuppa followed by several minutes trying to work out how the hell to get back up on my feet (make that FOOT) again. If I had been going to the gym like a good girl all these years it would have been fine but I seem to have the upper arm strength of an 90 year old!

The good news is that we have wireless internet access in the flat so as long as nobody switches the box off (cos I cant reach to switch it back on) I can keep myself amused all day long!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Managed to get a room to myself. The ward was full of old people waiting for hip replacements which may be why a spring chicken like myself got a room on her own.

Only got a brief visit from the physio - mainly to show me how to get up and down stairs with the crutches. She did tell me to do some exercises to try to keep the strength up in the thigh area. Will see the physio again when the cast comes off.

Currently pants at using the crutches. Doesnt help that there are two steps down into the kitchen and the bathroom is past the kitchen. This morning I braved it on my own. After getting to the bathroom, I managed to make myself a cup of coffee but knowing I couldnt carry it anywhere had to resort to sitting on the steps to drink my cuppa followed by several minutes trying to work out how the hell to get back up on my feet (make that FOOT) again. If I had been going to the gym like a good girl all these years it would have been fine but I seem to have the upper arm strength of an 90 year old!

The good news is that we have wireless internet access in the flat so as long as nobody switches the box off (cos I cant reach to switch it back on) I can keep myself amused all day long!
I know how you feel. When I did my knee I was in a thigh high cast for 13 weeks!! ok i could put weight on it which you wont be allowed with your ankle but I lived on the 4th floor with no lift! my thigh muscles in my good leg grew a lot whilst the ones in the bad leg died away. Still havent fully recovered 3 years later.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

ok, but the million dollar question is whether your undeserved dose of misfortune has induced you to take up the cancer stix again????
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
ok, but the million dollar question is whether your undeserved dose of misfortune has induced you to take up the cancer stix again????
never knew she had packed in!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

In Sellophane - reference to giving up smoking was on my Facebook profile.

Still not smoking! Even planning to give away the last few packets.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:43 pm
Concierge

In Sellophane - reference to giving up smoking was on my Facebook profile.

Still not smoking! Even planning to give away the last few packets.
I'll have them!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I'll have them!!
BC...what are you like, lol...!

MM, xx
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

At over a fiver a pack in the UK I should be selling them to pay for the nicotine patches! There doesnt appear to be a huge demand for Philip Morris menthols though.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

At over a fiver a pack in the UK I should be selling them to pay for the nicotine patches! There doesnt appear to be a huge demand for Philip Morris menthols though.
i can think of someone who'd take em off your hands, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:29 pm
Concierge

which reminds me MM I found a packet of yours in my bag on Friday morning

Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
which reminds me MM I found a packet of yours in my bag on Friday morning

ahhh...so that's where they went, i thought someone had nicked them, lol...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.