Friendly or Just odd

Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friendly or Just odd

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

This may sound like a really wierd/naiive question.

But basically since knowing i've been moving out to Dubai I have had a lot of people recommend friends (people they met once)etc on facebook and have ended up with a bit of a UAE network going on. I'm now just getting randoms add me and offer to take me out for clubbing and drinks etc. Now I've possibly lived in London for too long and am very suspicious of everyone but are these people mad or just being realllllllllllly friendly, and they seem to pounce once they know I am single and don't know anyone. Guys in particular (and a few girls) appear to be offering to take me out clubbing, all paid for - now in London I would say that means they expect something in return (which I have pulled them up on and they have denied) and I'm not the sort to lead a guy on so I'm just trying to work out whether they mean it when they say they just wanna take me out or are they secretly into some sort of female trafficing and I'm going to end up in some 3rd world country being used as a sexslave? How safe is it for women out there- I knwo over here I won't accept a drink in case its been spiked!

Obviously in London noone talks to anyone so this is all a bit unheard of for me- but I hesitant to want to let my guard completely down but don't want to alienate myself and seem liek some sort of up her own arse type- just how friendly are you all out there? or are these people just downright weird and I should run away very fast?

Kittycat
xxx
I guess it's the same case with men
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I use facebook a lot for work and networking- and have also got work off there as have my portfolio(as a stylist not as a lingerie designer) online there and links to my website etc so it had never really occurred to me before that people "meet" on there to hook up so I've accepted people in the past not knowing who they are- then delete them if they seem real oddballs!

I guess trusting the gut instinct is right, I was just a bit worried that I'm too cynical after not trusting a soul in London but guess lifes just a bit shit everywhere so shall stay cynical and untrusting!!

admon
I would completely disagree with this post - vehemently, in fact.

Dubai is unlike anywhere is Europe (of course, it's the middle east, not Europe) and a lot of guys here have NONE of the usual niceties associated back home.

While I am sure there are exceptions, facebook stalking here is an occupation for many - it's a game of numbers and while 99 will say F off, one will say yes.

This is a place where someone in a car can follow you for 20 miles on the basis of a courteous smile at a traffic lights and where in many cases, only a **** OFF OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW, will get rid of them.

I know many women, single and married, that have had many ingenious ploys put on them over here to get them on their own, as well as numerous cases of outright harassment.
Like in any city, use your common sense. Be safe. If it feels dodgy, it usually is.
Thanks Adnom- I shall grimace at everyone!

x
And Facebook stalking?? really?? is there a point to virtualstalking???
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I don't doubt it. I used to have a profile photo of a camel and was never bothered. Changed it to one of me and I get several friend requests like that every week.

I wonder what their success rate is?

-
that'll be the one where your tits look massive aye?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:30 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
Spugsy, I was in Nelson's last night for one drink after a meal in the Italian and my friend and I are certainly not hookers!!!!!!!
you're not tall and blonde are you?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:40 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spugsy
you're not tall and blonde are you?
that would be a no, I was the short, fat and ginger one
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by moto111
that would be a no, I was the short, fat and ginger one
ah I honestly only saw 2 or 3 lasses in there, and one was tall and blonde.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:03 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Like someone said about women being followed at traffic lights, Mrs F occasionally gets persistent calls (normally from Saudi numbers). Basically a sad bloke will call random numbers it seems until he hits a nice sounding female, then just call repeatedly and try to engage her in conversation. Telling the guys to f*** off does no good, it just seems to get them going even more.

I told Mrs F to log the number so she can see 'nutjob' popup instead of a number she might not recognize next time. Then give the phone to me and I answer. He might call back once but normally doesn't bother again. Talking to a friend, we discovered his wife has had exactly the same problem, also several times. She also had pervy calls from someone who had photos of her (she has done some clothes modelling) and had somehow got her number, maybe from an agent or photographer I guess.

THe problem with a society when you cover all the women up and forbid any form of contact or interaction with the opposite sex is that all the guys are running round with nuts on the point of bursting virtually all the time, and yet have the social skills of a 5 year old through lack of any experience talking to women whatsoever. No wonder the place is so fooked up.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:10 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
Like someone said about women being followed at traffic lights, Mrs F occasionally gets persistent calls (normally from Saudi numbers). Basically a sad bloke will call random numbers it seems until he hits a nice sounding female, then just call repeatedly and try to engage her in conversation. Telling the guys to f*** off does no good, it just seems to get them going even more.

I told Mrs F to log the number so she can see 'nutjob' popup instead of a number she might not recognize next time. Then give the phone to me and I answer. He might call back once but normally doesn't bother again. Talking to a friend, we discovered his wife has had exactly the same problem, also several times. She also had pervy calls from someone who had photos of her (she has done some clothes modelling) and had somehow got her number, maybe from an agent or photographer I guess.

THe problem with a society when you cover all the women up and forbid any form of contact or interaction with the opposite sex is that all the guys are running round with nuts on the point of bursting virtually all the time, and yet have the social skills of a 5 year old through lack of any experience talking to women whatsoever. No wonder the place is so fooked up.
maybe...but I am still saying it's not that bad here...yeah, guys look but not many actually approach you...
I mean, go to Italy for instance...they will come and walk next to you, wistle, make hissing sounds etc and are not easy to get rid off...on the beach they will just come and sit on your towel...completely annoying
The last time I went out in the UK, my girlfriend and me were walking from one pub to another and I have lost count of the times that guys pulled their trousers down and showed their white pimply asses at us...hey ho what fun and how turned on were we....not.
When you are in a bar here and guys get a bit too friendly, security will remove them, no questions asked.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
exactly, add the fact that the same people are more or less taught that any woman not wearing a ninja suit is a wanton harlot whos just gagging for it and you have a recipe for harrasment
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
exactly, add the fact that the same people are more or less taught that any woman not wearing a ninja suit is a wanton harlot whos just gagging for it and you have a recipe for harrasment
I must be going to the wrong places then...