Friendly or Just odd

Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friendly or Just odd

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

This may sound like a really wierd/naiive question.

But basically since knowing i've been moving out to Dubai I have had a lot of people recommend friends (people they met once)etc on facebook and have ended up with a bit of a UAE network going on. I'm now just getting randoms add me and offer to take me out for clubbing and drinks etc. Now I've possibly lived in London for too long and am very suspicious of everyone but are these people mad or just being realllllllllllly friendly, and they seem to pounce once they know I am single and don't know anyone. Guys in particular (and a few girls) appear to be offering to take me out clubbing, all paid for - now in London I would say that means they expect something in return (which I have pulled them up on and they have denied) and I'm not the sort to lead a guy on so I'm just trying to work out whether they mean it when they say they just wanna take me out or are they secretly into some sort of female trafficing and I'm going to end up in some 3rd world country being used as a sexslave? How safe is it for women out there- I knwo over here I won't accept a drink in case its been spiked!

Obviously in London noone talks to anyone so this is all a bit unheard of for me- but I hesitant to want to let my guard completely down but don't want to alienate myself and seem liek some sort of up her own arse type- just how friendly are you all out there? or are these people just downright weird and I should run away very fast?

Kittycat
xxx
might be the lingerie designer thing that makes them come...

but anyway...you're not an 18 year old that's never been out are you...so just use your brains and common sense...
you've put up that you are single and you don't know anyone, so that's honey for the bees...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:04 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Just stick with the friends of friends and check them out first. Use common sense and trust your judgement.

There are weirdos anywhere, but there are plenty of good people around.

-
I concur...just common sense.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:08 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

also...it's just Facebook...not accepting 'friends' is not going to alinate you from anything...
I am sure there are guys on there that do nothing else all day than adding random people/woman...personally, I ignore them all, won't even send a message, just delete straight away.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
also...it's just Facebook...not accepting 'friends' is not going to alinate you from anything...
I am sure there are guys on there that do nothing else all day than adding random people/woman...personally, I ignore them all, won't even send a message, just delete straight away.
So that's why
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:11 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Euc-
So that's why
oh jeez...don't tell me that was you????????????
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

oh jeez...don't tell me that was you????????????
Would it make you feel bad if I said yes?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:12 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't doubt it. I used to have a profile photo of a camel and was never bothered. Changed it to one of me and I get several friend requests like that every week.

I wonder what their success rate is?

-
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:12 pm
hmmmm...nice

Would it make you feel bad if I said yes?
not really...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:13 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spugsy
all the wives have gone home as well, I was in Nelsons last night and apart from a few hookers it was all men.

Spugsy, I was in Nelson's last night for one drink after a meal in the Italian and my friend and I are certainly not hookers!!!!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:14 pm
hmmmm...nice

I don't doubt it. I used to have a profile photo of a camel and was never bothered. Changed it to one of me and I get several friend requests like that every week.

-
well, looking at some of them they are very succesful...some of those guys have counless 'friends', all female, so there must be a load of woman out there who will accept anything...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

not really...
Then it wasn't me

Nah all bs aside, I didn't invite you, I get requests from strangers once in a while as well, but same as hyves (you know that MH?), the only people in my list are persons I actually met in person and preferably like.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:15 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by moto111
Spugsy, I was in Nelson's last night for one drink after a meal in the Italian and my friend and I are certainly not hookers!!!!!!!
lol...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:18 pm
hmmmm...nice

Then it wasn't me

Nah all bs aside, I didn't invite you, I get requests from strangers once in a while as well, but same as hyves (you know that MH?), the only persons in my list are persons I actually met in person and preferably like.
just that I did have a Dutch guy wanting to add me a few weeks ago, he used to live in AD and was coming back...didn't accept him of course, lol
yeah, I've heard of it...

I don't really do anything on Facebook to be honest, can't be bothered...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

-
really, i'd have thought the camel might have been quite popular out here, lmao...

MM, xx
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

just that I did have a Dutch guy wanting to add me a few weeks ago, he used to live in AD and was coming back...didn't accept him of course, lol
yeah, I've heard of it...

I don't really do anything on Facebook to be honest, can't be bothered...
I've never lived in abedabs

Anyway, I'm not the stalker type

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.