Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Friendly Bars With Live Music

Friendly Bars With Live Music

Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Friendly Bars With Live Music

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Well this is ze internet so I guess I can't control how I am perceived by readers of anything I post but there are a couple of BE'ers that I have met and I doubt (I hope) that is not the real life impression I create.
I'm only winding you up mate.

I love all the big time shit on here.

I'm actually 12, living in Redditch and have never even seen an airport, let alone moved to Dubai
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm only winding you up mate.

I love all the big time shit on here.

I'm actually 12, living in Redditch and have never even seen an airport, let alone moved to Dubai
I've met you, and that's not actually far from the truth...
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
As repulsive as it may be I actually have some sympathy for the older western bloke with the Thai/Filip girlfriend. They want the company and these women are usually good at providing marital support (in exchange for a decent lifestyle of course).

It's not your conventional western marriage of equality but each partner goes into the relationship knowing exactly what they're bringing in and getting out of it. There's honesty in it.
Why is it repulsive? What repulses you? Why the sympathy? When you were in the region, did you 'try it on' and have your advances rejected?

You're getting married, why? Is it because you want the company, is she going to provide good marital support? Is the 'lucky' girl doing it for the right reasons, does she see a secure future with you, a decent lifestyle?

Who's to say it's not like a conventional western marriage of equality? You know all these couples you see personally, or are you just drawing sweeping conclusions based on hearsay?

What is a conventional western marriage of equality? You have to bring the exact same amount of material belongings to the marriage perhaps?

Before you ask, yes I’m a western male (not bald nor fat, but an athletic 98kg (about 15 n half stone)) who is dating an Asian girl; she is 12 years younger than myself (I have also dated western girls 10+ years younger). In my present relationship the girl in question has her own apartment, has a good job, a nice car and enjoys a number of overseas holidays each year.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Come off it.

Don't get all poncy and sensitive.

My last girlfriend was Pakistani. In university I dated a Japanese-American girl for a several years. You and I both know that your girlfriend isn't the same as a ex hooker who hit the jackpot with an obese construction worker who can't get any game without £££.

You're in Dubai. Open your bloody eyes. Notice all the 40+ heavy dudes with petite barely of age Flip girlfriends. Unless I've completely missed out on that Filipino girls have a thing for old, ugly and obese western men.

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
Why is it repulsive? What repulses you? Why the sympathy? When you were in the region, did you 'try it on' and have your advances rejected?

You're getting married, why? Is it because you want the company, is she going to provide good marital support? Is the 'lucky' girl doing it for the right reasons, does she see a secure future with you, a decent lifestyle?

Who's to say it's not like a conventional western marriage of equality? You know all these couples you see personally, or are you just drawing sweeping conclusions based on hearsay?

What is a conventional western marriage of equality? You have to bring the exact same amount of material belongings to the marriage perhaps?

Before you ask, yes I’m a western male (not bald nor fat, but an athletic 98kg (about 15 n half stone)) who is dating an Asian girl; she is 12 years younger than myself (I have also dated western girls 10+ years younger). In my present relationship the girl in question has her own apartment, has a good job, a nice car and enjoys a number of overseas holidays each year.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:52 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Notice all the 40+ heavy dudes with petite barely of age Flip girlfriends. Unless I've completely missed out on that Filipino girls have a thing for old, ugly and obese western men.
40 is old?

Bugger.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:53 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Come off it.

Don't get all poncy and sensitive.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha. Ha.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
You are an extremely naïve young man. We ended up going to Jules Bar at Le Meridien and had a great time, thanks.
Hmmmm..Jules bar is a well known gay bar ..glad you had a great time darling
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
That was pre-2010 sweetie, no gays to be seen not even on stage nowadays.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Mentalist: "Actually, those girls we were chatting up did have rather hairy arms and deep voices, now I come to think about it. After I left what did you do?"

Mentalist's mate: ".................."
Old Jul 5th 2013, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Mentalist: "Actually, those girls we were chatting up did have rather hairy arms and deep voices, now I come to think about it. After I left what did you do?"Mentalist's mate: ".................."
Don't you read? I said that its not been a gay bar for several years. Why else would there be wall-to-wall hookers?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I've met you, and that's not actually far from the truth...
Rubbish - he lives in Dudley.............
Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mentalist
Don't you read? I said that its not been a gay bar for several years. Why else would there be wall-to-wall hookers?
I'm glad you said that - otherwise I'm drinking too much..
Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm fascinated to know how many of you middle aged blokes genuinely go out on the pull.

There's lots of talk here but I think it's keyboard good looks.
You dont need good looks in Dubai..