British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Friday night out (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/friday-night-out-512731/)

scarletfan Feb 8th 2008 6:25 am

Friday night out

Morning all.
Any suggestions for a good night out tonight?
Where's the best place to go for sh*t loads of alcohol and good music?
PS: Any one fancy it?

Madam Medusa Feb 8th 2008 6:52 am

Re: Friday night out

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 5903039)
Morning all.

i'm going to the races and then on somewhere, but not sure where yet...

you after a pub type thing? Double Deckers has a dj and is usually lively...If not, then chi at the lodge is meant to be good...or leftbank or bar zar or jambase in the madinat...

sure others will have suggestions...

MM, xx

scarletfan Feb 8th 2008 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5903107)
i'm going to the races and then on somewhere, but not sure where yet...

you after a pub type thing? Double Deckers has a dj and is usually lively...If not, then chi at the lodge is meant to be good...or leftbank or bar zar or jambase in the madinat...

sure others will have suggestions...

MM, xx

horse racing I presume

rebeccadubai Feb 8th 2008 8:03 am

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 5903039)
Morning all.

I think Chi will be good tonight, thats where I'll be if I recover from last night :)

The Dean Feb 8th 2008 8:19 am

Originally Posted by rebeccadubai (Post 5903302)
I think Chi will be good tonight, thats where I'll be if I recover from last night :)

Llanelliman,

Why don't you bring yourself over to Riyadh tonight? Mrs Llanelliman can come too - she'll have to wear fancy dress though. There's a special fancy dress party happening across the country - all the women are going to dress up in traditional all-black Arab clothing, abayas, headscarves, the lot.....

The men, as it's a special occasion, will have to sit separately from them in restaurants (they'll have to go in through different entrances in fact).

A lot of coffee will be consumed, humous and shish taouk will be eaten, and a great time will be had by all. The men will talk about how many wives they have, although they get their best sex from their Filipino maid whether she likes it or not, while the women will talk about how they wish they WEREN'T married at all, and that they'd rather be copping off with a Western guy who won't beat them up.

Shall I put you down for two tickets?

scarletfan Feb 8th 2008 9:12 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5903346)
Llanelliman,

Why don't you bring yourself over to Riyadh tonight? Mrs Llanelliman can come too - she'll have to wear fancy dress though. There's a special fancy dress party happening across the country - all the women are going to dress up in traditional all-black Arab clothing, abayas, headscarves, the lot.....

The men, as it's a special occasion, will have to sit separately from them in restaurants (they'll have to go in through different entrances in fact).

A lot of coffee will be consumed, humous and shish taouk will be eaten, and a great time will be had by all. The men will talk about how many wives they have, although they get their best sex from their Filipino maid whether she likes it or not, while the women will talk about how they wish they WEREN'T married at all, and that they'd rather be copping off with a Western guy who won't beat them up.

Sounds like a barrel of laughs! NOT!
Thanks for the invitation though.
We will be thinking of you drinking coffee as we down liquid matter that will no doubt affect us in a way that impairs our speech and allows us to fall over whilst at the same time being laughed at!

scarletfan Feb 8th 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by rebeccadubai (Post 5903302)

Where is Chi and what's on there tonight?

the bat Feb 8th 2008 9:27 am

Llanelliman,

i am highly surprised you have not been stoned or lynched for some of your remark's.

MissDemeanor Feb 8th 2008 10:28 am

Llanelliman,

Sorry Dean........I look terrible in abayas.I will have to pass!

Madam Medusa Feb 8th 2008 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 5903531)
Where is Chi and what's on there tonight?

it's over the "other" side, by al nasr leisureland...

there are 4 rooms playing different sorts of music - house, pop, indie and r&b...check out the Time Out review... http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/ni...ew.php?id=7651

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Feb 8th 2008 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 5903149)
horse racing I presume

is there any other...?!!!

MM, xx

scarletfan Feb 8th 2008 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5904008)
is there any other...?!!!

MM, xx

What no Greyhound racing over here then?
Bugger!

Madam Medusa Feb 8th 2008 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 5904020)
What no Greyhound racing over here then?
Bugger!

hahahaha, no...but i did forget about the camel racing of course, if you can find it in the building site that is nad al sheba...

MM, xx

MissDemeanor Feb 8th 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5904006)
it's over the "other" side, by al nasr leisureland...

there are 4 rooms playing different sorts of music - house, pop, indie and r&b...check out the Time Out review... http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/ni...ew.php?id=7651

MM, xx

The "other side"?
Are you trying to tempt us over to the dark side lord vader?!!:D

Madam Medusa Feb 8th 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 5904033)
The "other side"?
Are you trying to tempt us over to the dark side lord vader?!!:D

i only do what's good for you...

MM, xx