Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Friday Mornings in the UAE...

Friday Mornings in the UAE...

Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:20 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Friday Mornings in the UAE...

That's what I live for;

100K on the trusty carbon steed, 10K run on completion...swim with the family...sleep the afternoon...out for dinner and beer in the evening..

That my forum buddies is my definition of heaven..

That is all..

Ps Shiva, I may need a pair of those daft flipper trainer things..
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:45 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday Mornings in the UAE...

Originally Posted by commander
That's what I live for;

100K on the trusty carbon steed, 10K run on completion...swim with the family...sleep the afternoon...out for dinner and beer in the evening..

That is all..

from the swim onwards, it sounds like a great day !
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:54 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I live for;

That is all..

pmsl why?

there are a few things i could say but shall refrain. what i will say is good luck finding them here, I have had to get a pair of Nike Free 3.0 instead (awesome shoe by the way) and they werent easy to find. (Go sports mall of the emirates have them for now).

You can buy the vibrams online but apparently the fitting is tricky and needs to be exact so I'll wait until i can get a pair in the UK.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:54 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Ill take a look at those nike's. I do like asics though.

Do you do a lot of running? I'm not that good but am trying to do the half marathons this year..
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:51 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Ill take a look at those nike's. I do like asics though.

Do you do a lot of running? I'm not that good but am trying to do the half marathons this year..
the nike free's are pretty good and as close to the barefoot thing of the vibrams as you can get. dont really run as such, i do high intensity interval sprint training not long distance, that said i am aiming for the marathon or half next yr. IF the shoes help with the shin splints (which is why i dont do distance running). Also hate working out in clunky trainers with too much cushioning, cant feel the ground properly, get proper balance etc
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:54 pm
**** it we'll do it live

http://www.nike.com/europerunning/?r...m&l=en_GB#home

http://insidenikerunning.nike.com/20...e-free-family/
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I use the Triax +12 Nike, had the running analysis thing done in the UK and aparently I'm an over pronator. Since I started wearing a stability shoe the problems I had with shin splints etc have completely gone.

I do like Asics as well but also find Saucony do really good shoes as well. JUst a shame there are no proper running shops in AD.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:39 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by benzonar
I use the Triax +12 Nike, had the running analysis thing done in the UK and aparently I'm an over pronator. Since I started wearing a stability shoe the problems I had with shin splints etc have completely gone.

I do like Asics as well but also find Saucony do really good shoes as well. JUst a shame there are no proper running shops in AD.
i'm taking the other track and going for barefoot/no support (or close to) and mid foot not heel striking as a solution....lets see if it works
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I live for;

That is all..

christ you must have legs like the hulk mate?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 4:19 pm
banned

Spugs, I have a face like the hulk, that's about it..
Old Jun 13th 2009, 5:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Spugs, I have a face like the hulk, that's about it..
heh, I shouted at my cab driver last week as he just hammered round the roundabout down at nad al sheba and almost took 3 lads on racers out, he thought I would be happy, serious these lads were inches away from a hospital job.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 5:19 pm
banned

Yea, there is a lot of that, yest morning I almost got wiped out by a truck..
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

ok. Wake up around 11am after the evening before. Hungover.

Head to a brunch (any one with alcohol). Mangled again by 5pm.

EASY.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:57 pm
Banned

RoamingExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is so special about Friday in the UAE? In most Western countries we have Saturday and Sunday off, does this mean Friday is the first day of the weekend in the UAE?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, there is a lot of that, yest morning I almost got wiped out by a truck..
no way you'd get me on a bike on the roads in Dubai (probably don't make them sreong enough anyway)

mind you there are also plenty of Cyclo-nazis back in the UK who think the rules of the road don't apply to them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.