Fricking RAK Bank

Old Dec 16th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fricking RAK Bank

I think I have cocked up here - I'll go to RAK Bank on Wednesday to talk through it with them.

Long & Short Story
Took an instant money advance from RAK in 2012.
Went in to pay it off in January 2013 in full - principal amount + processing.
Went into RAK Bank yesterday to update my contact details and it hasn't been closed - I guess they had just allocated my payment onto my account. Each month since January, the have been deducting the monthly payment (Principal + interest), and doing a rough calculation, there is a 5k shortfall in the amount now, 10k if I was to let it dwindle down further which of course I won't.

I had presumed it all sorted / zero balance so when they emailed the statements monthly, I filed them instead of looking at them.

What's the chances of them accepting I tried to close the account in Jan and just closing it without chasing me for the 5k? Slim to none I guess?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:15 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fricking RAK Bank

Computer says no....
Old Dec 16th 2013, 3:17 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
Computer says no....

tough luck mate
should have know when dealing with wankers, one needs to be careful
once presented with a wanking statement, please make sure to go through it meticulously, because that is where a wanker will get you
btw I use the same wank and I havent had any issues yet with them...yet

*spelling
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Shame. You made the mistake of trusting them to do the right thing. No effing chance!
Old Dec 17th 2013, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983 View Post
I filed them instead of looking at them.
schoolboy error
Old Dec 17th 2013, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flares View Post
schoolboy error
He is a schoolboy.........
Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have cocked up here - I'll go to RAK Bank on Wednesday to talk through it with them.

Long & Short Story
Took an instant money advance from RAK in 2012.
Went in to pay it off in January 2013 in full - principal amount + processing.
Went into RAK Bank yesterday to update my contact details and it hasn't been closed - I guess they had just allocated my payment onto my account. Each month since January, the have been deducting the monthly payment (Principal + interest), and doing a rough calculation, there is a 5k shortfall in the amount now, 10k if I was to let it dwindle down further which of course I won't.

I had presumed it all sorted / zero balance so when they emailed the statements monthly, I filed them instead of looking at them.

What's the chances of them accepting I tried to close the account in Jan and just closing it without chasing me for the 5k? Slim to none I guess?
Do you have any evidence that you took action in January? If so, then I reckon the chances are quite good if you want me to sort it out. I'll probably get a better response than you will as I wear one of these:

Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Do you have any evidence that you took action in January? If so, then I reckon the chances are quite good if you want me to sort it out. I'll probably get a better response than you will as I wear one of these:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2z8wbag.png
I'd be able to confirm the date of the deposit, the branch, and that the amount I deposited covered the principal and processing. There would be no other reason why I would put a 5 figure sum onto the account to let them deduct from the course of the next couple of years...

I'll pop in and see them on Wednesday, and get all the details I can, and if they don't budge, I'll PM you Meow.

I was kinda hoping you would pop along and have a look...

Edit;
I took a bankers cheque from my current account for this and wrote something like RAK Bank instead of the full National Bank of Ras Al-Khaimah Cards. I had to go back and get a second one. I'm pretty sure the number was exact and I would have gotten the amount over the phone. I'll head off and see them now and see what happens.

Last edited by Brains1983; Dec 17th 2013 at 8:16 am. Reason: more information
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:02 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

can you tell me what the food is like, please
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:25 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be able to confirm the date of the deposit, the branch, and that the amount I deposited covered the principal and processing. There would be no other reason why I would put a 5 figure sum onto the account to let them deduct from the course of the next couple of years...

Ah - so you didn't actually close the account - you just put a deposit in. Any official statement at the time that you have paid off and closed out your debt?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine View Post
Ah - so you didn't actually close the account - you just put a deposit in. Any official statement at the time that you have paid off and closed out your debt?
nope, but just called their telephone banking who confirm a call from me 10th Jan asking for the settlement amount and I deposited the same on the 30th Jan after telling the teller I wanted to close it. Didn't think about getting any confirmation.

They said to pop into the branch and they'll sort it out without any further payment - let's see...
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

popped into the branch and was told that they couldn't do anything from there and that I should call and lodge a complaint. Did that yesterday. Got a call back to day from a very helpful lady who said she'll backdate the account closure, and give me a call with how much I still owe (interest from the 10th to 30th Jan). As soon as I settle that, account closed and no 5k AED required from me

Pleasantly surprised!

Last edited by Brains1983; Dec 18th 2013 at 10:58 am.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:41 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Right result mate. Pleased for you.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 12:38 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

popped into the branch and was told that they couldn't do anything from there and that I should call and lodge a complaint. Did that yesterday. Got a call back to day from a very helpful lady who said she'll backdate the account closure, and give me a call with how much I still owe (interest from the 10th to 30th Jan). As soon as I settle that, account closed and no 5k AED required from me

Pleasantly surprised!
I think you ought to get one of the Mods to change to thread title, to be fair...
Old Dec 18th 2013, 4:03 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Pleasantly surprised!
Congrats!