Freelancing

Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Freelancing

Do you need to be registered over here? Or can you just work for someone and get paid? What happens about invoices and that?

ta.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:05 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freelancing

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
Do you need to be registered over here? Or can you just work for someone and get paid? What happens about invoices and that?

ta.
to be legit you will need a trade license. also if it is you will need your visa sorted out. if it's your wife she can be on your visa, but will need trade license.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
to be legit you will need a trade license. also if it is you will need your visa sorted out. if it's your wife she can be on your visa, but will need trade license.
bollocks, work have put me on a freelance role until christmas, then I'm probably out - but it means 6 weeks on, and 1 week, unpaid out - so all of next week I'm on unpaid leave so was wanting to get some freelance.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks, work have put me on a freelance role until christmas, then I'm probably out - but it means 6 weeks on, and 1 week, unpaid out - so all of next week I'm on unpaid leave so was wanting to get some freelance.
you could do it illegally though, cash etc.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

are they still going to sponsor your visa? if so and they are happy for you to work freelance (get a letter from em) then leaglly you should be ok. just get paid to your own bank account, banks dont care where your cash comes from, gives you time to get your own co. sorted out
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
are they still going to sponsor your visa? if so and they are happy for you to work freelance (get a letter from em) then leaglly you should be ok. just get paid to your own bank account, banks dont care where your cash comes from, gives you time to get your own co. sorted out
yeah the company are hiding me from head office, they have been told to cut headcount, so I'm now freelance, I still geet paid holidays, medical and they keep my visa open.

They gave me a letter stating they would keep me going until december, but to be honest, in this country if they got rid of me I doubt I'd have a leg to stand on.

It's a bit of a blow, but to be hoenst at least I still have a job until christmas.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

now you just need to get the word round that you are available to do freelance work and get some clients, we can all keep our ears open. And put something on facebook as well, friends will help if they can.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the company are hiding me from head office, they have been told to cut headcount, so I'm now freelance, I still geet paid holidays, medical and they keep my visa open.

They gave me a letter stating they would keep me going until december, but to be honest, in this country if they got rid of me I doubt I'd have a leg to stand on.

It's a bit of a blow, but to be hoenst at least I still have a job until christmas.
look on the bright side, probably hard i know but this could be an opportunity, your visa is paid, you've got medical cover, a salary coming in etc, take the opportunity to get yourself established as a freelancer whilst someone else pays you, just make sure not to sign any non compete agreements.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

awww spugsy, that is a bugger...but at least you've got a job and you can look round for something permanent...

MM, xx
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
look on the bright side, probably hard i know but this could be an opportunity, your visa is paid, you've got medical cover, a salary coming in etc, take the opportunity to get yourself established as a freelancer whilst someone else pays you, just make sure not to sign any non compete agreements.
yeah thats the plan, but I'm going to look more into web stuff, get some flash tutorials and start learning that which will give me extra skillsets.

(oh and go to the beach, heh)
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
awww spugsy, that is a bugger...but at least you've got a job and you can look round for something permanent...

MM, xx
yeah that's the plan, got 2 meetings next week.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:40 am
Concierge

yeah thats the plan, but I'm going to look more into web stuff, get some flash tutorials and start learning that which will give me extra skillsets.

(oh and go to the beach, heh)
if you could do websites I can give you a client!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
if you could do websites I can give you a client!
thats what I need to learn, I do design the look and feel of the sites, but then pass it onto a web person to actually build them.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:06 am
Concierge

thats what I need to learn, I do design the look and feel of the sites, but then pass it onto a web person to actually build them.
it's for a beauty salon ...
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

thats a bit of a shit Spugs, you ain't been there that long!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.