Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Freddie Mercury, The Legend

Freddie Mercury, The Legend

Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freddie Mercury, The Legend

A very interesting and revealing article about Freddie from a life long friend. I certainly didn't know that he committed suicide and that he left most of his estate to a lifelong female friend and former lover. A great performer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...unted-him.html
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freddie Mercury, The Legend

dreadful

pantomine act
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandboy
dreadful
pantomine act
Each to his own. I think that Sunderland is the asshole of the north, but then I evidently have no taste either.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Each to his own. I think that Sunderland is the asshole of the north, but then I evidently have no taste either.
you have taste massive Freddie Mercury fan
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you have taste massive Freddie Mercury fan
Me too! It was always well known about his relationship with Mary Austin. Although, he didn't actually commit suicide, he purely decided not to take the pills keeping him alive, which isn't really the same thing is it?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I tend to agree, it's a shithole - fortunately I'm not from there so your horrid remarks didn't upset me too much
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Me too! It was always well known about his relationship with Mary Austin. Although, he didn't actually commit suicide, he purely decided not to take the pills keeping him alive, which isn't really the same thing is it?
Who wants to live forever ....
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:27 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Who wants to live forever ....
aww, that one always brings a tear to my eye!

I remember seeing a documentary about him a/o Queen and at one point they were just doing some rehearsals or warming up in a completely normal room, then Freddie breaks into song and the volume of his voice drowns out all the others. Quite awesome.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Queen live in concert, Elland Road, 1982. Was mere youth then, and just glad I managed to see him perform live.

Supporting acts were Teardrop Explodes ( who literally got boo-ed off stage, shame ) Heart and Joan Jet and the Blackhearts.

Who Wants To Live Forever was, IIRC, from the Highlander soundtrack. Loved that film, used to watch it over and over again.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:16 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

He's not dead, is he?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Saw Queen live in concert, Elland Road, 1982. Was mere youth then, and just glad I managed to see him perform live.

Supporting acts were Teardrop Explodes ( who literally got boo-ed off stage, shame ) Heart and Joan Jet and the Blackhearts.

Who Wants To Live Forever was, IIRC, from the Highlander soundtrack. Loved that film, used to watch it over and over again.
has got to be one of the biggest regrets in my life, not seeing them live
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

has got to be one of the biggest regrets in my life, not seeing them live
Yep, mine too, although my folks saw them a few times in the early 70's. Closest I ever came to meeting one of my biggest musical influences was when a guy came to book his wifes car in, told me her name......Bulsara. She was his cousin.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:56 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Yep, mine too, although my folks saw them a few times in the early 70's. Closest I ever came to meeting one of my biggest musical influences was when a guy came to book his wifes car in, told me her name......Bulsara. She was his cousin.
did you see them when they were here with Paul Rodgers?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome talent

Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Too much love will kill you - all the time.

Freddie, Queen, best rock group EVER.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.