British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Fred the shred (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fred-shred-746987/)

Millhouse Feb 1st 2012 6:57 am

Fred the shred

Loses his knighthood. I can't help thinking that's a little pointless.

Having met him, I don't think he should have got it in the first place (don't get me started on Alan Sugar) - but really, taking it away? It's just petty.

And the CEO who was effectively forced to hand back his bonus - that's just nuts. He should have kept it. It was paid in shares not cash for God's sake.

<millhouse runs for cover from the lefties>

shiva Feb 1st 2012 7:03 am

Re: Fred the shred

Making the case for a business friendly Britain. Once again the have nots would rather piss and moan than improve their lot.

The above said he was and is a tit so he's back where he should be as for rbs he's done a pretty good turn around and there are far bigger fish to fry

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 1st 2012 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9877396)

Having met him, I don't think he should have got it in the first place (don't get me started on Alan Sugar) - but really, taking it away? It's just petty.

And the CEO who was effectively forced to hand back his bonus - that's just nuts. He should have kept it. It was paid in shares not cash for God's sake.

Amen.

Bonus paid in shares is not a bad incentive to make sure it keeps rising. Better results = better share price = better bonus. Why shouldn't he be rewarded for doing a good job?

Fred was an excellent one to finger a blame and to be the face for 'bankers' in the UK, to direct abuse and rants at.

Taking away a knighthood - pretty pointless, you're right. He probably doesn't give a shit - his credibility (if he had some, but I'm assuming the CEO of a major bank does have some) and ability to secure a decent role in the future are in tatters......i'd be more worried about that than being Sir.

co durham boy Feb 1st 2012 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9877396)

It's the taxpayers money.........

The End

flares Feb 1st 2012 11:35 am

they should go one step further and formally take away his surname, replacing it by deed poll with 'the shred'

so it's on his Gas bills, golf club membership etc thus never being able to forget his former ways

Bahtatboy Feb 1st 2012 11:48 am

Changing the subject to movies, I quite liked the ending to Inglorious Bastards.

soukie Feb 1st 2012 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9877697)
It's the taxpayers money.........

The End

Spot on !:thumbup: