British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Football debacle... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/football-debacle-582246/)

Autonomy Jan 6th 2009 6:18 pm

Football debacle...

Bloody hell that was a nightmare... left work at 6pm. Al Ain Road was a parking lot... had to park in a ditch. Walked for 15 mins to reach the crappy makeshift stands. Worked out that even though the radio said the kick off had moved back, that we'd actually arrived at half time. And that Beckham, Kaka and Maldini had now been substitutued....

We stayed for 5 mins and left.

Totally freaking Dubai'd.....

Eva Jan 6th 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Football debacle...

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7133547)
Bloody hell that was a nightmare... left work at 6pm. Al Ain Road was a parking lot... had to park in a ditch. Walked for 15 mins to reach the crappy makeshift stands. Worked out that even though the radio said the kick off had moved back, that we'd actually arrived at half time. And that Beckham, Kaka and Maldini had now been substitutued....

What a shame for all the kids hoping to see Beckham etc play.....

Can you imagine the chaos of the Grand Prix later this year??????

My friend was at the scene of Andy's victory on Saturday-she said(as did you) the strolling tardy VIPs were outta order doin that ...AND
the crowd had to correct the Umpire on numerous occasions for making a cowpat of the score.

Confucius Jan 6th 2009 6:37 pm

Well...I enjoyed the mexican waves...

Spugsy Jan 6th 2009 6:37 pm

aye it was a real pain to get to eh? we stayed til the end, 1-1 then penalties, and all the stalls had finished with food as well.

Spugsy Jan 6th 2009 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7133626)
Well...I enjoyed the mexican waves...

there's no place in football for mexican waves my friend.

(or screaming girls)

Confucius Jan 6th 2009 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7133629)
aye it was a real pain to get to eh? we stayed til the end, 1-1 then penalties, and all the stalls had finished with food as well.

I left at the 84th minute...If only I knew there was a shootout...

Confucius Jan 6th 2009 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7133632)
there's no place in football for mexican waves my friend.

(or screaming girls)

Well, about 15,000 people disagree with you tonight, my friend...

commander Jan 7th 2009 1:03 am

Was 'posh' in the ground?

If so, I hope there was a rendition of (to my old mans a dustman)

Posh spice is a slapper,
beckhams weaner canny fill her
When she wants it long and hard
She calls on willie miller

Mexican waves to me signify how much watching the beautiful game has went downhill over the years..

Oh and screaming girls should be evicted immediately, or punched; their choice.

Bring back terracing..(I know, I know)

Maybe some of the pups on here can't remember the 'old' grounds before the prawn sandwich days,,

Certainly not a place for screaming girls (apart from the family section)..

Sky Blue Jan 7th 2009 2:52 am

Regarding the atmosphere, I have seen more life in a Chicken Korma...

Yep the organisation was truley awful, left with about 15 to go and missed the traffic mayhem which i am sure followed, suprised no one was run over in the car park, it was a bit like wacky races... :p

The game was ok for an exhibition, would have liked to have seen Paolo sent off for his ace professional foul... The ref was truley awful I thought... :thumbdown:

Mexican waves rule :thumbsup:

commander Jan 7th 2009 3:26 am

and all for 20 frickin Quid.....

only in Dubai would people continuously be suckered into paying OTT for gimmicks like this...

The penny will drop eventually..

You get ripped off people, all the time!!

lionheart Jan 7th 2009 3:46 am

I told you so...:p

commander Jan 7th 2009 3:58 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7135256)
I told you so...:p

aye continuously....:D

lionheart Jan 7th 2009 4:04 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7135284)
aye continuously....:D

Next they will be expecting us to pay AED350 to sit on a free beach and watch a DJ play records...February 11th is the date I believe.

Bison Jan 7th 2009 4:09 am

Next they will be expecting us to pay AED350 to sit on a free beach and watch a DJ play records...February 11th is the date I believe.
:rofl:

I love my music and I am a DJ, but even I won't be paying for that!

I thought the footie was ok, more of a laugh than anything else, I got there around 6pm and didn't have any trouble parking or getting in, however I am suffering this morning after running to get beer at half time, I fell over my fat self and twisted my ankle on the stones.

Plus the traffic getting out was beyond a joke, would I go again, probably.

Bison

commander Jan 7th 2009 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7135307)
:rofl:

I love my music and I am a DJ, but even I won't be paying for that!

I thought the footie was ok, more of a laugh than anything else, I got there around 6pm and didn't have any trouble parking or getting in, however I am suffering this morning after running to get beer at half time, I fell over my fat self and twisted my ankle on the stones.

Plus the traffic getting out was beyond a joke, would I go again, probably.

Bison

so you were drinking and driving??:frown::sneaky:;)