Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Football Betting...........

Football Betting...........

Old May 15th 2013, 1:14 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Betting...........

Originally Posted by Scamp
What about picking a few leagues and predicting the winner.

Premier League
Bundeshelmet
La Liga
Serie A

Bet on the favourites all each way (generally get top 2/3)

Then try and pick a real toughie like Championship or League One.

Worth sticking 20 nuggs e/w
A very good friend of mine did that in his 1st year of Uni 20 years ago and got all 4 leagues and FA cup. He won 25k. To this day he is still the biggest gambler I know staking 100 x the sort of bet normal people would. And always spread betting.
Old May 15th 2013, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Good point. I am going to start with £60 and always bet 33% So the same as starting with £20 but allows a **** up factor.
Isn't that the same as starting with 20 quid and losing and putting 20 quid back in, twice?
Old May 15th 2013, 1:17 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that the same as starting with 20 quid and losing and putting 20 quid back in, twice?
Not quite. If you are always staking 33% it will all grow............I think. There may also be times we stake 50% and have a larger bank.
Old May 15th 2013, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Not quite. If you are always staking 33% it will all grow............I think. There may also be times we stake 50% and have a larger bank.
I think I get your idea.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:11 pm
Shark Fisherman

I think I get your idea.
I am confusing myself........I think its right...
Old May 15th 2013, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I am confusing myself........I think its right...
I get what your saying!
Old May 15th 2013, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Thinking of trying this for the craic.....

The £10 - £1,000 CHALLENGE. (15/05/2013)
A challenge we are running betting on VERY VERY "SAFE" bets with the aim of winning around 40 in a row and turning £10 into £1,000. Normal tips at a lot bigger odds will still be posted everyday so don't worry if this is not for you. Details how to do the challenge and how to turn £10 into £1,000 at the bottom of this post...

BET 7 (See Below) £18.90 GET INVOLVED NOW FROM ALMOST THE START!! Bet with bet365 -> http://bit.ly/Bet365-free200 Remember you can withdraw whenever you like, just go as far as you feel comfortable with, doesn't have to be £1,000 withdraw at £100 if you're happy with that!

EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL
>>BET 19.45: Benfica v Chelsea OVER 1 GOAL LINE, Odds - 1.100 (1/10)
**WHAT IT MEANS - If there's ONLY 1 Goal we will be refunded, If there's more than one goal the bet wins, I can see it being quite an open game, there will be a MINIMUM of 1 goal in my opinion and probably 3 or 4.
*How to find - Select the game found under "Wednesday's Matches" On the main screen scroll down 'til you see "ALTERNATIVE GOAL LINE" Select "Over 1" This is ONLY available with Bet365, Get an account below WITH THE LINK and recieve your £200 Welcome Bonus.
http://bit.ly/Bet365-free200 <----- £200 IN FREE BETS!
(Sorry if you're with another bookie but this IS the SAFEST bet of the day and I tell you EVERY DAY to get an account so you can follow our bets, get one now so you can get on today and in the future too!)

---------------
--------
>>>> The £10 - £1,000 Challenge <<<<
Start with £10 in a pot and put a 1.1 or 1/10 bet on daily. (Very very SAFE bets) It should take 49 days to reach £1,000. No strict rules except you should use your full stake every day! Which means the £10 you started with then all accumulated winnings added to the pot every day, which you then stake on the next 1/10 then the next and so on..

If you start with £10 and bet purely on 1/10's.. these are your winnings...
(we will bet on slightly better odds than 1/10 at times and get there a lot quicker than 49)

10 wins in a row at 1/10: £25.93
20 wins : £67.25
30 wins : £174.00
40 wins : £452.23
49 wins : £1,066.33 <- Our Target.
50 wins : £1172.97
Throwing a few 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9's in will speed it up quite a lot and instead of taking 49 bets it should take around 40! 49 is the absolute MAX! Also you can quit wherever you like whether it's £100 you're happy with or £1,000 that's upto you!

If you want to do your own feel free, Inplay betting is a great way to do it (eg. wait til 10 mins in play & then bet on over 0.5 goals, 1 or more in the game and you will normally get around 1/10) bet365 have the most games and inplay markets available!

***Bet365 and their £200 sign up bonus***
Bet365 are a MUST for doing this challenge so get an account now and take advantage of the £200 signup offer with the link below.

Click here -> http://bit.ly/Bet365-free200 <- MASSIVE signup bonus upto £/€200 with link! Essential to have an account so you can follow all our bets and NO OTHER bookie offers what bet365 offer. You will NOT be able to get on all of our bets without an account so they are a MUST. Also they are the best bookie around, Fantastic site who offer the best odds and markets meaning you will make more than your average bookie betting with them!
I like this - give me an hour or so to read it again and understand it fully........
Old May 16th 2013, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I like this - give me an hour or so to read it again and understand it fully........
I know a couple of guys who tried this, but neither got near the 49 wins I don’t think. For one there as a lack of discipline after 10 or so winners - he starting getting greedy and picking shorter odds to try and speed things up. In saying that I might be tempted to give it a go, although outside football and golf I rarely bet on other sports.

I’ve got a 20 quid double at 9/2 on Chelsea winning last and Arsenal on Sunday, half way home, so if Arsenal do the business some of the winnings could well go on this. Something to do over the summer…
Old May 16th 2013, 4:41 am
Account Closed

Get in.

Stuck my winnings from the other night ($79) on Chelsea to win in 90 minutes.

$189.99 in the bank this morning.

That will pay for some of tonights anniversary dinner
Old May 16th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Get in.

Stuck my winnings from the other night ($79) on Chelsea to win in 90 minutes.

$189.99 in the bank this morning.

That will pay for some of tonights anniversary dinner
Bugger, I had them winning in ET.....
Old May 16th 2013, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
I know a couple of guys who tried this, but neither got near the 49 wins I don’t think. For one there as a lack of discipline after 10 or so winners - he starting getting greedy and picking shorter odds to try and speed things up. In saying that I might be tempted to give it a go, although outside football and golf I rarely bet on other sports.

I’ve got a 20 quid double at 9/2 on Chelsea winning last and Arsenal on Sunday, half way home, so if Arsenal do the business some of the winnings could well go on this. Something to do over the summer…
I know what your saying but I know I will be betting with other cash at the same time and so will get my 'flying by the seat of my pants' betting experience that way. I think it would be good if there were a few on here doing it to discuss bets. I started last night putting £20 on over 1.5 goals last night at 1.25 ish (I think).

Can't see see Le Arse losing on Sun.

I have a Cheski and Bayern double half way there.... odds aren't great tho.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I know what your saying but I know I will be betting with other cash at the same time and so will get my 'flying by the seat of my pants' betting experience that way. I think it would be good if there were a few on here doing it to discuss bets. I started last night putting £20 on over 1.5 goals last night at 1.25 ish (I think).

Can't see see Le Arse losing on Sun.

I have a Cheski and Bayern double half way there.... odds aren't great tho.
I would give it a try but it's a bit late in the season for it now. Tennis always has a lot of these types of bets though.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:12 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I would give it a try but it's a bit late in the season for it now. Tennis always has a lot of these types of bets though.
There was a guy in 2011 who did it starting with 8k. He mostly bet on tennis djokovic etc winning 1st round matches. Think he got upto 180k before he got a spanking. It will probably show up on google, I think he ended up banking 80k.

I will do it next season. Though the rugby and cricket will be tempting.....
Old May 16th 2013, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

There was a guy in 2011 who did it starting with 8k. He mostly bet on tennis djokovic etc winning 1st round matches. Think he got upto 180k before he got a spanking. It will probably show up on google, I think he ended up banking 80k.

I will do it next season. Though the rugby and cricket will be tempting.....
That's the thing though. If you bet on lots of heavy odds on then every once in a while you will loose.

If it was so easy everyone would do it and the bookies wouldn't exist.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
That's the thing though. If you bet on lots of heavy odds on then every once in a while you will loose.

If it was so easy everyone would do it and the bookies wouldn't exist.
That's obviously the case, but that's why you can choose to get out whenever you want.

That's pretty much like saying betting is pointless as the bookies always win. Yes they have the odds in their favour but that's where the skill comes in, and the blind hope! I don't mind losing a bit as I find it brightens up some pretty boring games.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.