Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Football Betting...........

Football Betting...........

Old May 6th 2013, 11:21 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Betting...........

What year was that?? Early 80's?
Old May 6th 2013, 11:27 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
What year was that?? Early 80's?
1989, according to Wiki (Isn't it amazing the shoit you find on Wiki).

Accrington Stanley, Who Are They? is a slogan that was used in an advert for milk by the Milk Marketing Board in the 1980s in the United Kingdom. The advert also starred future actor, Carl Rice.

Advert

The advert features two young Liverpool fans with one telling the other that Ian Rush had told him that if he didn't drink milk, he would only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley. The other fan then said "Accrington Stanley, who are they?" with the response being "Exactly."

According to Rice, the advert originally intended for the phrase to use Tottenham Hotspur instead of Accrington Stanley however Tottenham objected so Accrington Stanley were chosen instead as they were a non-League team at the time and were seen to be a more obscure team. It was also claimed by David Lloyd, a non-executive director of Accrington Stanley, that the advert earned the club £10,000.

Last edited by Kix; May 6th 2013 at 11:50 am.
Old May 6th 2013, 11:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
I used to hear that weekly on Soccer AM and was clueless, always felt stupid and just joined in. I can be happy now though, knowing it's origin and that I was a mere one year old when the ad aired...so have the perfect excuse
Old May 6th 2013, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Well done, great result for you.
Cheers, was away on hols so haven't been about. It was rather nice checking and finding that puppy came in tho.

Betting balance looking a lot better!
Old May 6th 2013, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

As for the drop..... I'd rather Wigan didn't go down as I quite like Martinez. Sunderland have a much better goal difference which could be the difference and if they get point or three tonight they'll be sitting pretty. Although if they don't it could well be the end!

Hopefully Southampton don't get dragged down. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them play this season. They just seem to have run out of steam a bit.

As for Norwich, Newcastle and Villa...... I don't really care which goes down.
Old May 6th 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
David Lloyd - who's he?
Old May 7th 2013, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Sometimes you need to just trust your feelings Scamps..
You're back are you?

How's that tidy little daughter of yours doing?
Old May 7th 2013, 4:37 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

As of this (Tuesday) morning - little has changed.

Wigan 13/10 Lengthening
Norwich 100/30 Shortening
Toon Forever 9/2 Shortening
Scumberland 7/1 Same
Villa 28/1 Shortening
Saints - Clear

Wigan -v- Swansea tonight is a huge game.
Old May 7th 2013, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
As of this (Tuesday) morning - little has changed.

Saints - Clear

Wigan -v- Swansea tonight is a huge game.
I'm still not convinced mate. Two tough games for us to play.
Old May 7th 2013, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Shes great, she's in Athens Greece right now..Thanks for asking
Shame, I was in Athens only a few weeks back. Could have hooked up.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the laugh
No, I really was in Athens.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:18 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm still not convinced mate. Two tough games for us to play.
As I said, Wigan Swansea tonight is a massive game. Wigan have the Cup Final at the weekend so must have one eye on that with their players not wanting to be injured and missing out, Swansea have nothing to play for.

Draw anyone?

As for your run in scumderland away and then home to Stoke. If scumderland play like they did in the first half last night that's a 3 pointer, if they play like they did in the second it'll be a hard slog.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
As I said, Wigan Swansea tonight is a massive game. Wigan have the Cup Final at the weekend so must have one eye on that with their players not wanting to be injured and missing out, Swansea have nothing to play for.

Draw anyone?

As for your run in scumderland away and then home to Stoke. If scumderland play like they did in the first half last night that's a 3 pointer, if they play like they did in the second it'll be a hard slog.
If we play like we did against WBA at home, we'll lose both - that's my concern.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Are you nervous for the Toon?

I think tonight will decide it, if Wigan don't win then I reckon they'll go down.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:29 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Scamp
If we play like we did against WBA at home, we'll lose both - that's my concern.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Are you nervous for the Toon?

I think tonight will decide it, if Wigan don't win then I reckon they'll go down.
Am I nervous? Course I am!

But I agree with you re. Wigan. We have QPR away, so (depending on which team turns up) I would hope for all 3 points there esp as Collo is back, unfortunately we then have the Arse at home - who will be fighting for 3rd or 4th, don't want to go into that game needing a win to stay, or have a chance of staying, up.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:41 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Interestingly at end of season we'll have played 55 games, Saints 42, scunderland 43, Wigan 47, Norwich 44, Villa 46.

Chelsea will have played a staggering 69 games (to end of season), Man City 52, Man Utd 54.

Only Chelsea will have played more games than us.

The top three all have a lot bigger squad and a lot more spending power than us and you have to say the Europa League is a poison chalice.

Statto!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.