Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Football Betting...........

Football Betting...........

Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Betting...........

The second FA Cup Semi final was a real cracker. 65 minutes of City dominance followed by 25 minutes of Chelsea dominance. A fair result.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
The second FA Cup Semi final was a real cracker. 65 minutes of City dominance followed by 25 minutes of Chelsea dominance. A fair result.
Dunno about 65/25 as a ratio TBH. I did really enjoy the game though. Very open and flowed nicely. Thought a draw would have been fairer after the late rally from Chelski. They were useless early on though.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Killer.

I try and steer clear of Turks and the Dutch actually come to think of it. Fenerbache, Galatasaray and FC Twente have all let me down like you got let down.
I may follow suit and strike them off my potential punting list!

You're right tho, I do feel let down..... don't get me wrong I have missed out with a single results before (once with a potential £18k win) but this one was particularly annoying!

It's similar with the Italians. Their results often seem to be quite unpredictable.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
It's similar with the Italians. Their results often seem to be quite unpredictable.
Indeed.

Unless you listen to something like the Football Ramble podcast you generally struggle to get much knowledge of how teams are playing in 4/5/6 different leagues.

For example, at the moment you're not that likely to think Liverpool would draw at Reading if you were a Juventus fan who doesn't watch English footie.

Still, good fun to have an accy on.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Indeed.

Unless you listen to something like the Football Ramble podcast you generally struggle to get much knowledge of how teams are playing in 4/5/6 different leagues.

For example, at the moment you're not that likely to think Liverpool would draw at Reading if you were a Juventus fan who doesn't watch English footie.

Totally. I'll quite happily admit my knowledge of European domestic football other than maybe the Spanish League is rather basic.

Disagree on the LFC chat tho, even the Juve fans know Liverpool are terrible!

Agree on the acca tho, it makes my weekend!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Totally. I'll quite happily admit my knowledge of European domestic football other than maybe the Spanish League is rather basic.

Disagree on the LFC chat tho, even the Juve fans know Liverpool are terrible!

Agree on the acca tho, it makes my weekend!
hahahahahaha! It was the best example I could come up with... you're right though.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Indeed.

I do love the football ramble podcast!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I do love the football ramble podcast!
Apparently another good one is The Tuesday club - Arsenal one but with Alan Davies...it's a piss take generally or so i hear
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Apparently another good one is The Tuesday club - Arsenal one but with Alan Davies...it's a piss take generally or so i hear
Might have to give it a listen. The football weekly which is done by the Guardian is quite good as well.

I need something to keep me entertained driving to Abu Dhabi every day!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you die hard gamblers want a flutter, how about Wigan beating Man City tomorrow night? I read somewhere that Wigan were 10/1 against despite needing all three points desperately. City may well rest at least 7-8 of the semi final starting eleven and will have bugger all to play for bearing in mind that those also chasing CL spots have to play each other in the final few weeks. Just a thought for those looking to make an easy buck.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mentalist
If any of you die hard gamblers want a flutter, how about Wigan beating Man City tomorrow night? I read somewhere that Wigan were 10/1 against despite needing all three points desperately. City may well rest at least 7-8 of the semi final starting eleven and will have bugger all to play for bearing in mind that those also chasing CL spots have to play each other in the final few weeks. Just a thought for those looking to make an easy buck.
It's good odds considering the points but I just couldn't bring myself to bet against my own club.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:49 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
It's good odds considering the points but I just couldn't bring myself to bet against my own club.
I cannot see them losing. They are not going to gift the title to manure.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
2nd place isn't a done deal yet either.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britexpat76
They already have!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chelsea odds for the Liverpool game are 3.4 on Bet365..... worth a punt!

Comes in around 9.5 with United (Villa) and City (Spurs) included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.