Fog

Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:13 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fog

Yes, you may have been stuck in traffic because of ****wits who don't know how drive and don't slow down.

But if it wasn't for the fog, you'd never see pictures like this.

Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:15 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fog

That's brilliant

Makes up for the nearly two hours I spent getting in from Dubai to AD this morning.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That's brilliant

Makes up for the nearly two hours I spent getting in from Dubai to AD this morning.
Do you do that drive every day??
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
Do you do that drive every day??
Only from the Marina to near AUH airport, usually takes an hour. Wouldn't want to try to get to downtown AD.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Not to bad then! I drive from Tecom to Saadiyat Island which takes about 1 hour 20!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

We have fog every year, yet people never learn to drive sensibly.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/10-a...10-10-1.478596
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:07 am
Hit 16's

It was just stooopid this morning. Must have been about 8 crashes starting just before the Dub/AD border, then several more further on. And with traffic stop-start and numerous bent cars on the hard shoulder, there were still ****wits doing 100 clicks up the hard shoulder. Did give me the chance to ogle a really nice blonde in an Alpina B7, though...
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow

I'll open in a second but I'm guessing it references not just accidents but:

- Don't drive with full beam headlights
- Don't drive so quickly, be sensible
- Don't drive with hazard lights on
- Drive with either dipped lights on or (if it's bad) fog lights

Are any of those in therE?
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:20 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'll open in a second but I'm guessing it references not just accidents but:

- Don't drive with full beam headlights
- Don't drive so quickly, be sensible
- Don't drive with hazard lights on
- Drive with either dipped lights on or (if it's bad) fog lights

Are any of those in there?
You've got to be shitting us. None of those silly suggestions, DUH!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:28 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

**** all fog when I got up at 10.

Only in my brain..........
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:28 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Meow

And here we go again: accidents "due to fog". Tossers.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

every change of season, every single time. ****wits
Old Oct 10th 2012, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I did the AD->Dubai drive this morning. Our side of the road (up to the border with Dubai) was full of AD police cars with flashing lights, which had the requisite effect of slowing the traffic down. Spotted loads of hold-ups on the other side of the road though.

I wish people wouldn't drive along with their hazard lights on though.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I've only been doing the Dubai > AD commute this week but I leave at 5.30 so I never get any traffic

Is the fog normally that thick or is it every now and again??
Old Oct 10th 2012, 11:13 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I've only been doing the Dubai > AD commute this week but I leave at 5.30 so I never get any traffic

Is the fog normally that thick or is it every now and again??
Every now and then. 5:30? I guess we won't be seeing you out on a school night. And be careful--there is anecdotal evidence of people being done for DD the morning after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.