British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Focus group- Mastectomy bras (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/focus-group-mastectomy-bras-763167/)

kittycat1 Jun 28th 2012 7:34 am

Focus group- Mastectomy bras

Hi all,

As you mostly know I am knicker designer for a brand here and am currently working on a Mastectomy/breast cancer awareness project. I would like to run a small focus group in Dubai with women who have been through a mastectomy or double mastectomy, on their requirements, short and long term. All nationalities/ ages and bra sizes are welcome.

Participants would be given bras to wearer trial and give feedback on, as well as be involved with future product development. Whilst i can't pay individuals for their time I can pay for coffee and cake. All information would be treated with the strictest confidence.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who may be then please drop me a PM.

Thanks guys

Did you know in the Middle East 28% of deaths in women are due to breast cancer. 44% of women diagnosed with breast cancer will die, 26% will have to have a double mastectomy.

Western women in the middle east are 30% more likely to develop breast cancer here than in their home countries due to their lifestyles.

Blue Cat Jun 28th 2012 12:59 pm

Re: Focus group- Mastectomy bras

get in touch with a group called Breast Friends :)

kittycat1 Jun 28th 2012 1:08 pm

thanks Bluecat- I knew you'd know someone!

The Dean Jun 28th 2012 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10143589)
Hi all,

As you mostly know I am knicker designer for a brand here and am currently working on a Mastectomy/breast cancer awareness project. I would like to run a small focus group in Dubai with women who have been through a mastectomy or double mastectomy, on their requirements, short and long term. All nationalities/ ages and bra sizes are welcome.

Participants would be given bras to wearer trial and give feedback on, as well as be involved with future product development. Whilst i can't pay individuals for their time I can pay for coffee and cake. All information would be treated with the strictest confidence.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who may be then please drop me a PM.

Thanks guys

Did you know in the Middle East 28% of deaths in women are due to breast cancer. 44% of women diagnosed with breast cancer will die, 26% will have to have a double mastectomy.

Western women in the middle east are 30% more likely to develop breast cancer here than in their home countries due to their lifestyles.

Breast cancer is too close to home for me ever to ignore........... let me know if you start doing fund-raising or similar. x

Bob Jun 28th 2012 7:02 pm

Do you need people just to try stuff out or can folks from else where offer advice about needs/experiences? If the latter, perhaps give Sue a shout to tweet this or post in the Lounge?

Eva Jun 28th 2012 8:07 pm

Yar Babes,

Bob is right,you will get a better response from the Lounge-better global sample too.

kittycat1 Jun 29th 2012 8:15 am

thanks guys, but I need a group I can give physical samples to and get wearer trial feedback so needs to be in Dubai. but your comments are appreciated.

Dorothy Jun 29th 2012 8:53 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10145548)
thanks guys, but I need a group I can give physical samples to and get wearer trial feedback so needs to be in Dubai. but your comments are appreciated.

Can the bras be mailed overseas for your focus group?

Karlos The Jackal Jun 29th 2012 11:00 am

This is a great call, lost my mum with breast cancer 20 years ago aged 43!

OriginalSunshine Jun 29th 2012 3:54 pm

kittycat - my last post didnt send, so apologies for terser version.

try (I know....) the EW forum.

also (as I have THAT gene....) my relatives have told me that the nerve pain can be hideous when wearing a bra, and they preferred oversized sports bras which were wide shoulder straps, and all elastic. although elastic wasn't that great either. adjustable fabric is best. my aunt who's a bit nifty with the sewing machine would buy an M&S non underwired bra, replace the shoulder straps with wider material, and use material from old cushions for the stuffing.

OriginalSunshine Jun 29th 2012 3:54 pm

For guys who lost relatives, get your daughters gene tested. It's better to know.