British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Flying Out Today - Here I Come!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/flying-out-today-here-i-come-527154/)

nottmbantam Apr 6th 2008 6:02 am

Flying Out Today - Here I Come!!

Just about to set off to Heathrow ( T3 NOT T5 thankfully! ) , departing at 12.30pm UK time, and fly into Riyadh, KSA at around 10.15pm local time.

So, after three months of inane and tedious questions, I'll get to see it for real insha'allah!

Will post when I get there and let you all know how it went!

cheers.

MissDemeanor Apr 6th 2008 6:33 am

Re: Flying Out Today - Here I Come!!

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 6165770)
Just about to set off to Heathrow ( T3 NOT T5 thankfully! ) , departing at 12.30pm UK time, and fly into Riyadh, KSA at around 10.15pm local time.

So, after three months of inane and tedious questions, I'll get to see it for real insha'allah!

cheers.

Dont forget you umbrella....They are having a freak rainstorm at the moment.:D

Sam FTQ Apr 6th 2008 6:56 am

Hey, wishing you all the very best of luck, Nottmbantam!

Sam x

Madam Medusa Apr 6th 2008 7:37 am

cheers.

good luck in saudi...hope you enjoy it...

MM, xx

MataHari Apr 6th 2008 11:02 am

cheers.

Me and the muffin hope all goes well for you...keep us updated

Blue Cat Apr 7th 2008 7:50 am

cheers.

good luck, hope it all goes to plan :thumbup:

Confucius Apr 7th 2008 1:30 pm

cheers.

I'll put Marhaba service on your head...

nottmbantam Apr 9th 2008 2:28 pm

Well, I'm here!

Got here very late on Sunday night, arrived at the compound about 1am.Had to be up early to sort out my accommodation, but the first three days have been very easy.Monday was an Induction which finished at mid-day, and Tuesday was a trip to the local health centre for medical visa checks, and that again finished at lunch time.

The only thing was that I didn't manage to provide both the specimens required and so had to go back today. But seeing as I had nothing else planned, it kind of gave me something to do! Anyway, the last two days, I've comeback to the apartment and slept! Yesterday I fell asleep on the sofa at about 1pmanddidn't get up til 8pm!

Today, forced myself to stay awake and even went down the gym. As you can see, I got the internet connected now, so at least I've got something to do in the evenings.....

Although the compund provide 55 satellite tv channels, they don't provide a tv to watch them on. Thats the next biggie to sort out.

Tomorrow ( and Friday ) is the weekend, so getting a bus to go into downtown Riyadh to do some household shopping ( pots,pans,crockery etc ).

Was surprised to see it raining here today, a bit cloudy, the last couple of days have been quite hot,once the early morning haze burns off.

So, chilling for a couple of days, then to work on Saturday!!

Thanks all for the good wishes.

Blue Cat Apr 9th 2008 4:17 pm

hiya, sounds like it is all go go go and it will all fall into place! maybe you could meet up with the Dean when he gets back.