British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Florist in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/florist-dubai-723783/)

Cow Pie Jul 6th 2011 7:20 am

Florist in Dubai

Hi guys

Looking for a florist to deliver in Dubai - they seem few and far between - any recommendations? And no they're not 'sorry' flowers - a birthday lol

:fingerscrossed:

Meow Jul 6th 2011 7:49 am

Re: Florist in Dubai

IIRC there was a similar thread only a few weeks ago so you might want to do a search for it. :)

Cow Pie Jul 6th 2011 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9478206)
IIRC there was a similar thread only a few weeks ago so you might want to do a search for it. :)

Course. Will do cheers Meow :)

Cow Pie Jul 6th 2011 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Cow Pie (Post 9478207)
Course. Will do cheers Meow :)

Looking to actually pick some up rather than online... Saw the post where you recommended flowersdubai but you can't beat delivering them yourself.

Meow Jul 6th 2011 7:55 am

Many of the major supermarkets have a florist in them. Where are you?

Cow Pie Jul 6th 2011 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9478220)
Many of the major supermarkets have a florist in them. Where are you?

Am in Knowledge Village but want to drop them to Studio City - recall a florist in Motor City...?

Meow Jul 6th 2011 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Cow Pie (Post 9478222)
Am in Knowledge Village but want to drop them to Studio City - recall a florist in Motor City...?

No idea about Motor City, but the smaller Choitrams on Al Wasl Road (Umm Sequim 2, between Al Manara & Al Thanya) has a reasonable in house florist. That isn't too far from you.

BTW, I'm in Umm Sequim 1 if you'd like to bring me flowers as well ;)

Cow Pie Jul 6th 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9478225)
No idea about Motor City, but the smaller Choitrams on Al Wasl Road (Umm Sequim 2, between Al Manara & Al Thanya) has a reasonable in house florist. That isn't too far from you.

BTW, I'm in Umm Sequim 1 if you'd like to bring me flowers as well ;)

Hahaha done!

ctfc Jul 6th 2011 8:53 am

You'll get much nicer and fresher (and therefore longer lasting) flowers at the florist in Dubai Garden Center (the one near MoE) than in a supermarket.

Otherwise, if on the other side of town there's an excellent florist in the Intercon by Festival City and also in Bloomingdales in Dubai Mall, downstairs, the entrance opposite PingPong.

Cow Pie Jul 6th 2011 10:24 am

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9478298)
You'll get much nicer and fresher (and therefore longer lasting) flowers at the florist in Dubai Garden Center (the one near MoE) than in a supermarket.

Otherwise, if on the other side of town there's an excellent florist in the Intercon by Festival City and also in Bloomingdales in Dubai Mall, downstairs, the entrance opposite PingPong.

Superb, cheers!

TheShed Jul 6th 2011 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Cow Pie (Post 9478444)
Superb, cheers!

There is a florist at the Spinneys in Motor City if you run out of time.