British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Florida Shooting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/florida-shooting-878759/)

Lightandbitter Jun 12th 2016 1:47 pm

Florida Shooting

al dente Jun 13th 2016 7:06 am

Re: Florida Shooting

Another mass shooting and he had been on the radar. How he managed to legally buy guns is beyond me.

mikelincs Jun 13th 2016 7:11 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 11971817)
Another mass shooting and he had been on the radar. How he managed to legally by guns is beyond me.

He had been questioned by police at least twice in the past, but, according to reports, he wasn't on their watch list. :confused:

Irishbeekeeper Jun 13th 2016 11:44 pm

Failed democracy does it again. NRA pumps money and no one has the balls to stop guns being sold. For every 100 sane persons buying a gun, there is that 1 insane person who also has the same access. Why don't the yanks get it??
What a waste of innocent life!

IKnowNothing Jun 14th 2016 4:34 am

Looking at the lack of responses on this thread, it would appear we now just shrug our shoulders and say "Not surprised".

America won't do anything about the problem, and the share price of gun manufacturers went up immediately after the massacre.

Says a lot about what is wrong with the States and the world in general.

iggle Jun 14th 2016 5:37 am

Triple the amount of people died from knives and feet than by guns this year in USA. I think USA has a gun problem, but more so a violence problem.

Not wanting to swing this to Brexit, but could USA actually show that integration does not work? With the large amount of gangs and no go areas of varying nationalities and races, could it really be USA is the problem, not gun culture is?

mikelincs Jun 14th 2016 5:39 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 11972818)
Looking at the lack of responses on this thread, it would appear we now just shrug our shoulders and say "Not surprised".

America won't do anything about the problem, and the share price of gun manufacturers went up immediately after the massacre.

Says a lot about what is wrong with the States and the world in general.

Tbis thread doesn't have many comments, but there are a lot more threads on the same subject with a lot more comments in each, especially in the USA and 'Take it outside' forums

Bahtatboy Jun 15th 2016 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 11974340)

And tight gun laws did nothing to stop hundreds being killed in France last year....when it happens in London (which it will, it's just a question of when - we're fools if we think one won't get through the cracks.) I wonder how much we'll say is because of gun control?

N.

That it hasn't happened yet is probably a function of UK gun control.

But it'll come, as you say.