British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Flip-flops Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/flip-flops-dubai-580233/)

DaWarrior Dec 26th 2008 8:34 am

Flip-flops Dubai

Anyone knows where I can purchase Havaianas in Dubai?

I've seen some old stocks in a shop in Karama before but they took out the stands a couple of months ago and replaced it with something else.

Madam Medusa Dec 26th 2008 8:45 am

Re: Flip-flops Dubai

there was a shop in souk al bahar...and i'm sure i saw them on sale somehwere in dubai mall last week, but can't remember where...

MM, xx

DaWarrior Dec 26th 2008 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7099454)
there was a shop in souk al bahar...and i'm sure i saw them on sale somehwere in dubai mall last week, but can't remember where...

MM, xx

Thanks love, will check it out today ;)

Confucius Dec 26th 2008 9:22 am

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7099446)
Anyone knows where I can purchase Havaianas in Dubai?

I've seen some old stocks in a shop in Karama before but they took out the stands a couple of months ago and replaced it with something else.

I've seen those many times here, but don't remember where though...
Bought similar stuff from Studio R in DCC...They have at least 5-6 brands of thongs...

MataHari Dec 26th 2008 9:37 am

think they sell them in Beyond the Beach shops, maybe also Rage (the skate shop)...

Blue Cat Dec 26th 2008 3:58 pm

and there is a barrow thingy at Festival City near Marks and Spencers

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7099454)

MM, xx

Found the Havaianas shop but apparently they only had limited stocks. They didn't have the item I was looking for. I was amazed at the place. Just like an extended Madinat Jumeira. Nice place to have coffee and shisha! Enjoyed it all together! :thumbsup:

Madam Medusa Dec 27th 2008 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7102075)
Found the Havaianas shop but apparently they only had limited stocks. They didn't have the item I was looking for. I was amazed at the place. Just like an extended Madinat Jumeira. Nice place to have coffee and shisha! Enjoyed it all together! :thumbsup:

oh that's a pain in the arse...yeah, i quite like it, but it's always empty in there, haven't seen the shisha place though, where's that...?

MM, xx

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7102084)
oh that's a pain in the arse...yeah, i quite like it, but it's always empty in there, haven't seen the shisha place though, where's that...?

MM, xx

Shakespeare's cafe... just right in front of the taxi drop off spot. When you going?

Madam Medusa Dec 27th 2008 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7102097)
Shakespeare's cafe... just right in front of the taxi drop off spot. When you going?

oh i'm not a big fan of shakespeare's, i live near to one and have gone right off it...i also like a glass of wine with my shisha, lol...you should come along to the quiz night, mh and i often go to the shisha lounge in dubai marine afterwards...

MM, xx

commander Dec 27th 2008 5:16 pm

Aaah MH looks like she knows her way around sooking a pipe.

Ahem, I meant, where is this souq?

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7102104)
oh i'm not a big fan of shakespeare's, i live near to one and have gone right off it...i also like a glass of wine with my shisha, lol...you should come along to the quiz night, mh and i often go to the shisha lounge in dubai marine afterwards...

MM, xx

I share the exact same thing. Where is this exactly? I loved this Cru wine bar they have in the basement of Souk Al Bahar. The lighting is just excellent! Let me know when you girls are gonna hook up and maybe I could join you...

Madam Medusa Dec 27th 2008 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7102117)
I share the exact same thing. Where is this exactly? I loved this Cru wine bar they have in the basement of Souk Al Bahar. The lighting is just excellent! Let me know when you girls are gonna hook up and maybe I could join you...

cru was rubbish when i was there...they ran out of prosecco after 2 bottles, and you have to walk miles for the loo, lol...

quiz night is every monday...

MM, xx

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7102115)
Aaah MH looks like she knows her way around sooking a pipe.

Ahem, I meant, where is this souq?

Just behind Dubai Mall. Go through the basement and you'll see a bridge connecting you to the Souk. Really posh place if you ask me.

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7102123)
cru was rubbish when i was there...they ran out of prosecco after 2 bottles, and you have to walk miles for the loo, lol...

quiz night is every monday...

MM, xx

So this Monday is the next one? I heard there is no alcohol served until Monday night :(