British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Flights from UAE to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/flights-uae-uk-598655/)

Karlos The Jackal Mar 19th 2009 4:16 pm

Flights from UAE to UK

I did a bit of digging on the net yesterday and I was absolutely gobsmacked at the difference in return flights to the UK

British Airways were 350GBP cheaper than the robbing bastards at Etihad, they wanted 800 and odd quid and yes it was 'Coral' class.

Last time I flew back I flew with Emirates as they were about 160 quid cheaper than Etihad but 350 quid is unbelieveable!

Its amazing how many people at work go through our works travel agent, get discount and just book thinking they are getting a bargain, Etihad can stick their reward card up their arse now!

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Flights from UAE to UK

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7398233)
I did a bit of digging on the net yesterday and I was absolutely gobsmacked at the difference in return flights to the UK

British Airways were 350GBP cheaper than the robbing bastards at Etihad, they wanted 800 and odd quid and yes it was 'Coral' class.

Last time I flew back I flew with Emirates as they were about 160 quid cheaper than Etihad but 350 quid is unbelieveable!

Its amazing how many people at work go through our works travel agent, get discount and just book thinking they are getting a bargain, Etihad can stick their reward card up their arse now!

BA have been cheaper since about Oct / Nov last year, which is a total turn around from this time last year when I regularly used Emirates when going back to the UK

My last flight with BA to Gatwick in Feb was AED 2100 - Emirates wanted AED 6500 for a flight leaving 15mins earlier !!

Tockalosh Mar 19th 2009 5:55 pm

I am going back to sunny Manchester during the busy week of 15 April and booked my ticket last night.
Etihad were the most expensive at 900 quid
BA were 800 as were Qatar and Gulf and Emirates
Now going with Lufthansa at 503 quid

Madam Medusa Mar 19th 2009 9:29 pm

virgin are advertising 650 for cattle class...

MM, xx

IndieG Mar 20th 2009 4:10 am

Cattle class Dubai-Melbourne by Emirates is working out to AED 26,000 for us (3 adults and a child fare)......whereas India-Dubai-Melbourne -Dubai-India (the same flight) is AED 12,000:mad:

MrsHawkes Mar 20th 2009 8:08 am

I'm flying home for a couple of weeks in April and i'm paying nearly £600 for KLM (to ABZ), i booked it a while ago and my mum and dad are flying back with me for a holiday and they are only paying £273 each.

Glad they are getting a cheap holiday but it's so annoying i have to pay more than double that.

IndieG Mar 20th 2009 9:08 am

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7400295)
Glad they are getting a cheap holiday but it's so annoying i have to pay more than double that.

Didn't you know - there's no credit crunch/recession in Dubai.....It is still boom time as far as :sneaky:airlines and schools are concerned

MacScot Mar 20th 2009 9:31 am

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7399941)
Cattle class Dubai-Melbourne by Emirates is working out to AED 26,000 for us (3 adults and a child fare)......whereas India-Dubai-Melbourne -Dubai-India (the same flight) is AED 12,000:mad:

Try Malaysian Airlines..3 adults + 1 child return DXB-MEL is about AED 15,720 !

typical Mar 20th 2009 10:01 am

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7399941)

It's always, always cheaper (well, nearly) to fly an airline from outside their base. And this applies particularly in premium cabins.

That's why LH is usually cheaper than BA from the UK, but BA is cheaper from Germany.

Pakistan and Sri Lanka used to be especially good places to fly Emirates business class from.

Tiger989 Mar 20th 2009 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7398233)

I dunno what you talking about where u trying to book during christmas? I always book through etihad, infact I'm in england right now, flying through etihad. It cost me 250pounds. Ripping off? not sure ?

MrsHawkes Mar 20th 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7400437)
Didn't you know - there's no credit crunch/recession in Dubai.....It is still boom time as far as :sneaky:airlines and schools are concerned

pfft! The schools know alright! They just don't want paying parents to know they know. I used to work at a school here.

Confucius Mar 20th 2009 2:36 pm

Flights to Beirut with Emirates is now AED1830...

Grace O Malley Mar 23rd 2009 12:18 pm

Flight to Dublin 4400, crazeeeeeeee

TGFKASE Mar 23rd 2009 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7409732)
Flight to Dublin 4400, crazeeeeeeee

Just got DXB to Housotn next month for 4850..

Grace O Malley Mar 23rd 2009 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7409773)
Just got DXB to Housotn next month for 4850..

whats the flying time to Houston?