Flights home

Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights home

Quick question, I've been at my company for 2 years now - I got a flight home (cash) at the end of year one and will be getting the same for year two which is almost up.

Is this right? As one other member of staff reckons you only get your first flight home after your second year.

Thanks all.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights home

As you're on a local contract it's entirely dependent on the terms of the contract and nothing to do with labour law.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hada big barny with my hr about this one! Basically they said you haveto have completed the year to be eligible for the flight for that year, so they will either reimberse you or give you the flight once you have completed the year. I pointed out that that is ridiculous. if you get a flight home per year then you should take it within that year not once you have completed the year. Anyway I had it signed off by my bos and it was oked but is not standard practice!

guess it comes down to company poolicy and how rigid yoru hr department is with teh black and white stuff!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I hada big barny with my hr about this one! Basically they said you haveto have completed the year to be eligible for the flight for that year, so they will either reimberse you or give you the flight once you have completed the year. I pointed out that that is ridiculous. if you get a flight home per year then you should take it within that year not once you have completed the year. Anyway I had it signed off by my bos and it was oked but is not standard practice!

guess it comes down to company poolicy and how rigid yoru hr department is with teh black and white stuff!
Well if i've done two years, then once they are up I should be due my second yearly flight yeah?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:40 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow
As you're on a local contract it's entirely dependent on the terms of the contract and nothing to do with labour law.
Hmmm I'll check that when I get home, I have a feeling a may have a different contract to other work colleagues - and knowing my boss (as you do) that is possible!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It varies massively mate.

Some give you a little cash every month and you pay yourself when you want.

Some will make you wait until 12 months is up and then you can use your flight when you want.

Some will let you take your flight within the 12 months but say you have to repay if you leave within a year.

Check your contract and ask a few more people...
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

No point asking other people as it's all down to what was agreed in the contract of employment.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
No point asking other people as it's all down to what was agreed in the contract of employment.
If everyone at your level is on the same contract (which they should be) then it makes sense.

If that doesn't apply then yeah, you're wasting time.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

We are paid annually (in May). If you join the company at the start of the year in March - then in May you are paid a ticket pro-rated.

Also I have noticed there are discrepancies which airlines they use (esp if your national carrier or Kuwait Airways do not fly to your destination directly) rather than use ATOL standards

Luckily i have always landed on the positive side (thank goodness for BA and their increasing fares !)
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the leave allocation I had when I worked there. My boss (a Brit) was trying to tell us that we could only use our 30 day holiday allocation after we'd worked the full year of our contracts.

And they wondered why people left in their droves...
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Reminds me of the leave allocation I had when I worked there. My boss (a Brit) was trying to tell us that we could only use our 30 day holiday allocation after we'd worked the full year of our contracts.

And they wondered why people left in their droves...
That's not too unusual a view from H.R. morons in the Gulf.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 6:55 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That's not too unusual a view from H.R. morons in the Gulf.
True when I worked at Al Futtaim they tried that with me.

Checked my contract, it says 'one economy flight home after one years service' - so my 2nd year is up some I'm due a second flight yeah?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 8:10 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Spugsy

Checked my contract, it says 'one economy flight home after one years service' - so my 2nd year is up some I'm due a second flight yeah?

I would say so.

Good luck with the fat bastard
Old Sep 11th 2012, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy

doesn't say 'and each and every year thereafter'...
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Divvent bother.... It's freezing !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.