Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Flight prices from UK to DXB - what the hell!!!

Wikiposts

Flight prices from UK to DXB - what the hell!!!

Old Jul 17th 2011, 4:40 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight prices from UK to DXB - what the hell!!!

Originally Posted by Scamp
Always been told to avoid - what's the crack with RB?
They are not *dry* they just have no booze on board - they are fine if you buy at duty free and serve yourself....

the problem I had with them was the 14 hour delay at DXB when the 1 plane they had went out of service and they had to wait for the next one to arrive...
Old Jul 17th 2011, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Nothing wrong with R.B , Christ you're only on it 6 and half hours , get pissed before you get on , eat and sleep then wake up have a piss and get off .
Have flown with RB a few times and it's a good flight. Seen lots of people with their own booze and nobody bothers.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

petrolhead13 will become famous soon enoughpetrolhead13 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not quite. We found some mid-late September flights with Royal Brunei for that.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Has saved me a small fortune, or rather will do
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiosity, I looked up flights on Royal Brunei. DXB -LHW return in August from AED 1,500.

That's amazingly cheap. Do you have to pedal the whole way to keep it in the air?
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:02 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Just out of curiosity, I looked up flights on Royal Brunei. DXB -LHW return in August from AED 1,500.

That's amazingly cheap. Do you have to pedal the whole way to keep it in the air?
**** knows but at that price id be willing to
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

petrolhead13 will become famous soon enoughpetrolhead13 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Meow

I checked the same route over Christmas period and 343.33 return (sterling). That'll certainly give Emirates a run for their money
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petrolhead13
I checked the same route over Christmas period and 343.33 return (sterling). That'll certainly give Emirates a run for their money
Love Emirates but the last couple of times I have flown with them they have been 2 hours late departing from UK so it makes it a very long flight.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soukie
Love Emirates but the last couple of times I have flown with them they have been 2 hours late departing from UK so it makes it a very long flight.
I've noticed EVERY time I fly with Emirates they are invariably late. Admittedly not to the extent of 2 hours but looking at at least half an hour and I agree the flight is long enough as it is without the additional wasted time hanging around. Also find there is never an explanation for their tardiness
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I flew with emirates on Saturday and we landed 20 minutes early- took off on time. Flat was rammed though and had a lovely arabic couple reading the koran the entire flat sat next to me which i did find a tad unnerving! Don't think I have ever seen anyone reading the bible other than in church
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

If there was ever a thread to bring Lionheart back to the board this is it...
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I flew with emirates on Saturday and we landed 20 minutes early- took off on time. Flat was rammed though and had a lovely arabic couple reading the koran the entire flat sat next to me which i did find a tad unnerving! Don't think I have ever seen anyone reading the bible other than in church
So you weren't on last Saturday's Manchester to Dubai afternoon flight that took off 2hrs 20 mins late. I missed my connecting flight to Kuwait and had to wait another 6 hours in Dubai :curse:
Old Jul 17th 2011, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by soukie
So you weren't on last Saturday's Manchester to Dubai afternoon flight that took off 2hrs 20 mins late. I missed my connecting flight to Kuwait and had to wait another 6 hours in Dubai :curse:
Some Manc probably stole a wheel, or a wing, or the entire plane.

100% of my Emirates flights have been on time when landing (that's all that really counts)
Old Jul 17th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

100% of my Emirates flights have been on time when landing (that's all that really counts)
All 2 of them ?
Old Jul 17th 2011, 11:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Bloody hell.

Looking at flights for my folks to visit over Xmas - both Emirates and Etihad Edinburgh / Glasgow or London to DXB or AD are all approx 850 GBP per person. BA is about 510 GBP from London but need to get them to fly down there then change...

I'm sure I got them flights for about 400 GBP before.

Is it just me or have the prices from UK to here gone mental?
we have family here at minute from Glasgow, they flew from Newcastle instead and saved about 200 quid
Old Jul 17th 2011, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Typical Recruitment Consultant !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.