Flight to LA

Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of
Default Flight to LA

Did anyone of you try the Emirates flight Dubai - LA?
We have two teenage kids which go for the adult price, therefore we have to take the monkey class.

We want to go there in November, but I read very negative feedbacks about this flight. Because they use the Boeing 777 there is apparently no leg space.

Alternative would be BA or Lufthansa. What do you recommend?
And please no description of comfy seats in business or first class. I live in Saudi, that's depressing enough...........
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:18 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight to LA

well, we went to New York a few weeks ago, Emirates Boeing 777, also with 2 very tall teenagers, and it's a nightmare...the only thing to do is get emergency exit seat...
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
well, we went to New York a few weeks ago, Emirates Boeing 777, also with 2 very tall teenagers, and it's a nightmare...the only thing to do is get emergency exit seat...
Oh dear....

and Dubai/LA is the longest non-stop flight. Takes 16hrs20min. I really don't want to spend my holiday as origami piece. So it will definitely not be Emirates!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

BA and Lufthansa seat pitch in Economy is worse than Emirates.

As it is an extremely long flight also bear in mind that the IFE is worse on BA and Lufthansa as well.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:32 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
Oh dear....

and Dubai/LA is the longest non-stop flight. Takes 16hrs20min. I really don't want to spend my holiday as origami piece. So it will definitely not be Emirates!
According to wikipedia, Newark to Singapore is the longest at 18h 50min. That's insane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-sto...ongest_flights
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Please explain the term "monkey class"...
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AppleMac
BA and Lufthansa seat pitch in Economy is worse than Emirates.

As it is an extremely long flight also bear in mind that the IFE is worse on BA and Lufthansa as well.
Really? BA is using the Boeing 744 and there is no more leg space? The IFE in Lufthansa really sucks, that's true, but is not so important to me as good blood circulation.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
Please explain the term "monkey class"...
what is to explain? When you sit like a monkey in a cage you know you are in monkey class......
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:55 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

It's a shame you can't get Virgin Atlantic from Saudi - they have great economy seats
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dilmun
Really? BA is using the Boeing 744 and there is no more leg space? The IFE in Lufthansa really sucks, that's true, but is not so important to me as good blood circulation.
BA's 747 economy seat pitch is 31 inch - Emirates 777 is 34 inch.

Seatguru tells you what each airline has.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 12hour googling this to try and find a longer flight time. Turns out my last flight from ABZ to GRU didn't take as long as it felt, I don't think they count the fannying around in CDG due to the french being french was included, otherwise my total trip was 22hours, excluding journey to CDG.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:51 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I spent 12hour googling this to try and find a longer flight time. Turns out my last flight from ABZ to GRU didn't take as long as it felt, I don't think they count the fannying around in CDG due to the french being french was included, otherwise my total trip was 22hours, excluding journey to CDG.
Er....HELLO. Newark to Singapore...just shy of 19 hours!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

We just travelled LHR to LAX with BA.
Kids in economy, us on the upper deck Club World
Got to say it was pretty grim in economy but if you can stretch to Premium Economy you get much more space although the same catering as econ. And, of course you get to break your journey in London or other european location depending on airline.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 4:37 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfecta
Or go First Class
If you read the OP's post, you can see that's not an option for her, obviously she wouldn't have asked the question if it was...
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AppleMac
BA's 747 economy seat pitch is 31 inch - Emirates 777 is 34 inch.

Seatguru tells you what each airline has.
Thanks, that was helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.