Flamingo resort

Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flamingo resort

I've been tasked with organizing one of these dreaded team building things (see Meow - it pisses people off).

I have the second day sorted, but am a little unsure about my plans for the first day (which will be a half day). I'm thinking of going to the Flamingo Resort in UAQ to slaughter crabs followed by a BBQ of what is caught.

Anyone done this? Anyone been to the hotel? As I have plans for the following day, we would have to stay overnight and I don't want whiners about the rooms/ breakfast etc.

Cheers, M
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:08 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flamingo resort

If you've not done it before the team drumming exercise is seriously really good and I used it with a very culturally mixed group.

We did it with the lady who runs/ran the Dubai Full Moon Desert Drumming events who's also an exec coach so can weave it any context you need very effectively.

http://www.dubaidrums.com/

Last edited by ctfc; Sep 26th 2012 at 4:09 am. Reason: Added url
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
If you've not done it before the team drumming exercise is seriously really good and I used it with a very culturally mixed group.

We did it with the lady who runs/ran the Dubai Full Moon Desert Drumming events who's also an exec coach so can weave it any context you need very effectively.

http://www.dubaidrums.com/
done that already... that lady is a fruitcake - although full of energy!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've been tasked with organizing one of these dreaded team building things (see Meow - it pisses people off).

I have the second day sorted, but am a little unsure about my plans for the first day (which will be a half day). I'm thinking of going to the Flamingo Resort in UAQ to slaughter crabs followed by a BBQ of what is caught.

Anyone done this? Anyone been to the hotel? As I have plans for the following day, we would have to stay overnight and I don't want whiners about the rooms/ breakfast etc.

Cheers, M
it looks like a dump from the outside
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it looks like a dump from the outside
shit, really? Any idea about the inside?
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:10 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I've driven around the Flamingo in an unsuccessful attempt to find somewhere to eat during a meandering Barracuda run. The resort is now pretty crummy looking but I would have thought that was part of the appeal - depends on the group I suppose. I find Umm al Quwain fascinating precisely because it is so down-at-heel and slapdash and "real". You could get a great make-do-and-mend spirit of the blitz going or it could shatter from the screeching of those too fragile to cope without a 5 star veneer over everything. I have heard good things about the crab-hunting though and it is certainly a change from the usual Dubai activities.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I've driven around the Flamingo in an unsuccessful attempt to find somewhere to eat during a meandering Barracuda run. The resort is now pretty crummy looking but I would have thought that was part of the appeal - depends on the group I suppose. I find Umm al Quwain fascinating precisely because it is so down-at-heel and slapdash and "real". You could get a great make-do-and-mend spirit of the blitz going or it could shatter from the screeching of those too fragile to cope without a 5 star veneer over everything. I have heard good things about the crab-hunting though and it is certainly a change from the usual Dubai activities.
Thanks Ms. - I've decided to kill this idea, on the basis that I'm dealing with a soft bunch who like to brush their teeth over a marble bowl.