British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Fitness freaks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fitness-freaks-632897/)

benzonar Sep 28th 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Fitness freaks

If anyone is feeling really fit and wants to mix it up a bit then give tabata training a go, its a real killer.

I've been mixing my regular weights sssions up with HIIT - had a go at a tabata routine and nearly died.

commander Sep 28th 2009 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 7972095)
If anyone is feeling really fit and wants to mix it up a bit then give tabata training a go, its a real killer.

I've been mixing my regular weights sssions up with HIIT - had a go at a tabata routine and nearly died.

tabata? whats that mate?

benzonar Sep 28th 2009 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7972112)
tabata? whats that mate?

This should explain it, can be used for lots of different types of training - but its one of those ones that if you do it properly you will swear never to do it again.

Excuse the pics

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_tabata_method

benzonar Sep 28th 2009 6:02 pm

You might find this article more useful though Commander

http://www.active.com/triathlon/Arti...-Intervals.htm

shiva Sep 29th 2009 7:28 am

seconded for tabata.
tabata anything hurts, even squats

Blue Cat Sep 29th 2009 8:46 am

well following watching the Xfactor which I think is brilliant I did 40 lengths of the pool at the Lakes :p

Spugsy Sep 29th 2009 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7973962)
well following watching the Xfactor which I think is brilliant I did 40 lengths of the pool at the Lakes :p

good for you pet

commander Oct 1st 2009 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7973962)

40 lengths is bloody good. Well done you!!!

X factor is still toilet TV though

commander Oct 1st 2009 4:11 am

well i rolled over in my bed yesterday morning at 3:30am..couldnt drop back off to sleep so by 4am i was out..camelback, Ipod with my favourite tunes, reflector stipes on my ankles..for a run around my local..

Jogging around the Shangri la area of AD as the sun comes up is just bliss.

24Km run and really i could have done another 24 i was enjoying it so much.

Wife and workmates think i need sectioned though..

Spugsy Oct 1st 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7979589)
well i rolled over in my bed yesterday morning at 3:30am..couldnt drop back off to sleep so by 4am i was out..camelback, Ipod with my favourite tunes, reflector stipes on my ankles..for a run around my local..

indeed, thats fûcking good going though kidda.

Blue Cat Oct 1st 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7979589)

well you and the others were right about group activities work better for me, just did an hours aquafit and I loved it!!! feel really good and positive about myself :fingerscrossed:

commander Oct 1st 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7979919)
well you and the others were right about group activities work better for me, just did an hours aquafit and I loved it!!! feel really good and positive about myself :fingerscrossed:

well done. it so helps. My wife came along to my running club last night. i stayed with the nipper and we had a picnic whilst she went for a run. she loved it. It is more than a workout, its quite a social gathering.

So good on you, and dont underestimate 40 lengths of a pool, that is pretty damned good.

Just give up the snouts and you will be ok!!

Blue Cat Oct 1st 2009 7:53 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7979937)
well done. it so helps. My wife came along to my running club last night. i stayed with the nipper and we had a picnic whilst she went for a run. she loved it. It is more than a workout, its quite a social gathering.

So good on you, and dont underestimate 40 lengths of a pool, that is pretty damned good.

Just give up the snouts and you will be ok!!

I will :) when the weather cools down I am going to start running on the waste land opposite here :)

commander Oct 1st 2009 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7979945)
I will :) when the weather cools down I am going to start running on the waste land opposite here :)

it has cooled down....dont use that as an excuse..this is the time..NOW..

Blue Cat Oct 1st 2009 9:51 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7980176)
it has cooled down....dont use that as an excuse..this is the time..NOW..

as much as I love the heat there is no way I could run in this :huh: