Fitness freaks

Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:23 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness freaks

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't think I am a gym person either I just did 30 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill, listened to the radio so it passed reasonably quickly. Tomorrow I am going to swim lengths at the Lakes Club. 44 and fat, pretty depressing I have to say
You're not fat at all you daft tit.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:28 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'd advise you to find somewhere where you can meet other people and do classes together, get new mates and have fun, if you go to teh gym on your own and you're not keen you will never push yourself therefore not really do that much.

absolutely couldnt agree more, if you dont enjoy something, it stands to reason that you will quit..

If you are empowered into a team or a social circle of friends with the same common goals, then it becomes a pleasure.

i go running with RAF pilots, USAF pilots, teachers, oil rig guys, managers, lawyers, locals (do nothing), etc etc...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:31 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
that is wise words, for any plan to work long term, you need to be realistic..you cant change your life totally..

Last night i had a big KFC bucket..why?? cause i bloody wanted one!!

I would advise running also, there are great running groups in Dxb and AD that have all abilities and no pretence whatsoever. I run with the group in AD and it is such a great experience. Lovely people, encouragement for all and not one ounce of anyone belittling others.

really recommend it in groups as some people find running alone hard work and demotivating.

last year i done 1 x 10K run (Dxb 10K in 47mins)

this year i am doing on average 30K a week and have entered 3 half marathons this year. Only because i have been inspired by others and also i love the challenge or competing against my friends.
yeah I've been too big for too long, just had 3 weeks unpaid leave I had to take (stupid work) and was skint so either went to the pool / beach or gym, also cooked a lot more healthy, still had a few beers on the weekend, a big steak and chips on weekend, big pizza the other but still dropped half a stone - you need to find a balance that you can achieve, not some fûcking stupid diet where you cut out everything you like and live on brown pitta bread and bastard cottage cream.

Be realistic, that's the way.

And shiva the 'be the best you can 80% of the time' is excellent as well, if you go on some mad diet or change you will fall off as you miss all the bad things.

I got 6 greggs pasties delivered to me a month ago and 5 are still in the freezer......(I'd almost forgotten about them!)
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva
aye it is, the army call them bastards, gotta shout bastard as you star jump. try not hate me too much cos at about the 12-14 reps sets you will realise just how stupid a task you have set yourself
one of my longterm goals is the "burpee mile"

http://www.vimeo.com/4070556

that's just utter madness like...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:35 pm
why ayeeeee man!

my two week stint in the UK saw me gain about half a stone as well, bloody depressing it is .
yeah but you don't work, you have too much time on your hands and spent a lot of it watching shite on tv - you need to get more active.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

You're not fat at all you daft tit.
I am so I have got a friend organised and we are both going to Aquafit on Thursday I would have gone tomorrow but I have a previous appointment I can't cancel. I am really looking forward to the Aquafit it was something I did three times a week up until last year and then I stopped going. This thread and Commanders comments about doing something sporty but enjoyable reminded me of how much I used to enjoy it. I shall report back after the 'event'
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but you don't work, you have too much time on your hands and spent a lot of it watching shite on tv - you need to get more active.
what else is there to do and the Xfactor is ace!!! 5 pasties left eh! I admire your determination, where are the sausage rolls?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

I am so I have got a friend organised and we are both going to Aquafit on Thursday I would have gone tomorrow but I have a previous appointment I can't cancel. I am really looking forward to the Aquafit it was something I did three times a week up until last year and then I stopped going. This thread and Commanders comments about doing something sporty but enjoyable reminded me of how much I used to enjoy it. I shall report back after the 'event'
For me, there's nothing in the world as enjoyable as turning up to Safa PArk on a Friday, meeting the other lads and randoms who turn up and ask to play, pick teams, jumpers for goal posts then playing footy in the blazing sun for 2 hours - I look forward to it all week.

By the way - if any of you lads want to come along and join in please feel free, we're at the big pitch near gate 1 at 4pm on a Friday.

GOOOAAAAALLLLLL!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

what else is there to do and the Xfactor is ace!!! 5 pasties left eh! I admire your determination, where are the sausage rolls?
fûck me, did you get me sausage rolls??
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:46 pm
Concierge

fûck me, did you get me sausage rolls??
yeah!! Mrs Spugsy must have stolen them
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:48 pm
why ayeeeee man!

yeah!! Mrs Spugsy must have stolen them
nah they'll be in the freezer, she doesn't hardly eat any bad stuff at all.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:53 pm
Concierge

nah they'll be in the freezer, she doesn't hardly eat any bad stuff at all.
are sausage rolls 'bad'
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

are sausage rolls 'bad'
about as bad as it gets...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:01 pm
Concierge

about as bad as it gets...
just as well I never had any then!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:11 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

X factor.....i truly despair....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.