Fitness freaks

Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fitness freaks

I am sat here in my gym gear, all ready to go to the gym but I bloody hate it!! I so want to get fit but can't stand the gym, might try swimming instead. What motivates you to get up and go to the gym? Commander?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:23 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fitness freaks

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am sat here in my gym gear, all ready to go to the gym but I bloody hate it!! I so want to get fit but can't stand the gym, might try swimming instead. What motivates you to get up and go to the gym? Commander?
I prefer classes to the gym now. My yoga instructor keeps our classes really varied and interesting and he pushes you further into your positions and encourages you to build up stamina and strength. On my own I lack motivation and staying power. When I do make it to the gym I make sure I have all the right songs on my ipod to keep me going.

Last edited by Emerald_Eyes; Sep 28th 2009 at 6:26 am.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

What motivates me:

1. Seeing my very ill mate recover and ride bikes brilliantly, run marathons etc
2. Seeing fathers that cant even have a play with thier kids without having to stop for breath..
3. realising that going out on the piss is actually boring and doing a new sport opens up all kinds of friendships..

BC, i dont really go to the gym, most days i am either swimming in a pool or the see, out on my bike or running with groups or alone. Im not a gym person really.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I prefer classes to the gym now. My yoga instructor keeps our classes really varied and interesting and he pushes you further into your positions and encourages you to build up stamina and strength. On my own I lack motivation and staying power. When I do make it to the gym I make sure I have all the right songs on m ipod to keep me going.
i am going to start doing yoga, need to work on my core strength
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
i am going to start doing yoga, need to work on my core strength
There are quite a few guys who come to my class - some of them are incredibly flexible and strong. It's not an easy class and it's definitely a work out. I thought yoga would be easy but after an intense hour and a half of "Hatha" yoga I sleep like a baby lol.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

What motivates me:

1. Seeing my very ill mate recover and ride bikes brilliantly, run marathons etc
2. Seeing fathers that cant even have a play with thier kids without having to stop for breath..
3. realising that going out on the piss is actually boring and doing a new sport opens up all kinds of friendships..

BC, i dont really go to the gym, most days i am either swimming in a pool or the see, out on my bike or running with groups or alone. Im not a gym person really.
I don't think I am a gym person either I just did 30 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill, listened to the radio so it passed reasonably quickly. Tomorrow I am going to swim lengths at the Lakes Club. 44 and fat, pretty depressing I have to say
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:32 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

hate hate hate gyms, absolutely ****ing pointless places full of the biggest myths, bullshit and bollocks about fitness, not to mention that almost every piece of equipment in gyms is ****ing useless and are injurys waiting to happen.
If you want to get fit stay the hell away from the gym.

BC if you want to get fit and lose weight check out these two sites, 15 mins a day is all you need.

I can personally vouch for both sites having lost over 20kgs doing their programms.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
http://www.gymjunkies.com/

Commander , for core fitness check out crossfit.com http://www.conditioningresearch.blogspot.com/ and the two above
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:44 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by shiva
hate hate hate gyms, absolutely ****ing pointless places full of the biggest myths, bullshit and bollocks about fitness, not to mention that almost every piece of equipment in gyms is ****ing useless and are injurys waiting to happen.

BC if you want to get fit and lose weight check out these two sites, 15 mins a day is all you need.

I can personally vouch for both sites having lost over 20kgs doing their programms.

Commander , for core fitness check out crossfit.com http://www.conditioningresearch.blogspot.com/ and the two above
thanks Shiva, I will take a look at them both, 20 kgs!! well done!! I wish I could lose 20 kgs.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:46 am
banned

i done an olympic distance tri at the weekend, and can safely say that i struggled due to lack of core fitness. Legs etc were fine, but my position on the bike got worse as i tired due to posture (core).
totally smoked the bike leg though it must be said!!
bonked on the run though..
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:50 am
Concierge

i done an olympic distance tri at the weekend, and can safely say that i struggled due to lack of core fitness. Legs etc were fine, but my position on the bike got worse as i tired due to posture (core).
well done!! you had a shag on the run? interesting race
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:54 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Shiva, I will take a look at them both, 20 kgs!! well done!! I wish I could lose 20 kgs.
dont wish, just DO. anyone can lose weight anytime they want

actually decide and commit to the fact that you want to lose the weight then accept the fact to do so will require a concerted effort and just DO IT.

doing the linked stuff will take a max 15-20mins 5 times a week, no gym needed no equipment needed and I guarentee that you will lose weight if you do the above.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:55 am
Concierge

dont wish, just DO. anyone can lose weight anytime they want

actually decide and commit to the fact that you want to lose the weight then accept the fact to do so will require a concerted effort and just DO IT.

doing the linked stuff will take a max 15-20mins 5 times a week, no gym needed no equipment needed and I guarentee that you will lose weight if you do the above.
I am having trouble opening the links, will try again later when I am not downloading the Xfactor! you are right anyone can do it I am just lacking in determination
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

best core exercise ever..........burpess....end off

do the prisoner burpee challenge, decending sets done with no rest. start with 20 reps then 19, then 18 etc all the way down to 1 rep. aim to complete in under 30 mins
Do full burpee ie chest to floor, full push up and proper jump to reset getting as much height as possible. all in its 210 consecutive burpees and it hurts like an absolute bitch. oh and your core will feel like you got the biggest shoeing of your life the next day!

check out conditioning research if i remember rightly there was a few articles on building running stamina by HIIT sprint training.

mind you, dont know why im telling you anything whilst i am well on my way to being fit again i can safely say an olympic tri would well and truely kick my arse at the moment
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:05 am
banned

well done!! you had a shag on the run? interesting race
'bonking' is the term for when you power out. I.e you cannot give any more..In cycling it is when you cannot maintain or increase power and basically start peddling backwards..

Lance armstrong on his most famous bonk on the TdF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfLQVNavI8Q
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:11 am
Concierge

'bonking' is the term for when you power out. I.e you cannot give any more..In cycling it is when you cannot maintain or increase power and basically start peddling backwards..

Lance armstrong on his most famous bonk on the TdF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfLQVNavI8Q
you still tweeting with Lance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.