Fitness freaks

Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:11 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness freaks

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am having trouble opening the links, will try again later when I am not downloading the Xfactor! you are right anyone can do it I am just lacking in determination
if you can get to the gym and spend 30 mins doing a boring exercise then you already have the determination required. Now you just need to do exercises that will actually work ;-) then get the results which will give you even more determination

in order to lose weight you really need to be pushing yourself, not in terms of time spent working out but in the intensity you achieve. A decent workout done at the right intensity can see you buring calories for upto 23hrs post workout. Workout hard and fast doing compound exercises that will raise your heart rate and work your muscles hard, this will trigger all sorts of biochemical reactions which a 30 minute fast walk can never achieve.

The net result will be weight loss and increased fitness and after a couple of weeks actually feels like the cheats way of getting fit because you'll spend less time working out than other people and see far far greater results.

oh and the only way it can really work is if you eat right at the same time, ditch sugar processed foods and the heavy carbs like bread, pasta and potatoes
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
if you can get to the gym and spend 30 mins doing a boring exercise then you already have the determination required. Now you just need to do exercises that will actually work ;-) then get the results which will give you even more determination

in order to lose weight you really need to be pushing yourself, not in terms of time spent working out but in the intensity you achieve. A decent workout done at the right intensity can see you buring calories for upto 23hrs post workout. Workout hard and fast doing compound exercises that will raise your heart rate and work your muscles hard, this will trigger all sorts of biochemical reactions which a 30 minute fast walk can never achieve.

The net result will be weight loss and increased fitness and after a couple of weeks actually feels like the cheats way of getting fit because you'll spend less time working out than other people and see far far greater results.

oh and the only way it can really work is if you eat right at the same time, ditch sugar processed foods and the heavy carbs like bread, pasta and potatoes
thanks Shiva, I have ditched the likes of bread and high carb stuff anyway basically I am doing Slimming World diet, it would help if I cut out the vodka as well! I swear if I look at a bottle I put on a kg!!! off to get those links open and give it a bash. Thanks for taking the timeout to support me, you have inspired me into action.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gymjunkies.com/beginners-workout-plan/

this involves the gym!! which workout did you do?

edited! ignore found the home workout section!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Shiva, I have ditched the likes of bread and high carb stuff anyway basically I am doing Slimming World diet, it would help if I cut out the vodka as well! I swear if I look at a bottle I put on a kg!!! off to get those links open and give it a bash. Thanks for taking the timeout to support me, you have inspired me into action.
lol no probs,
if you really want to do it you will and remeber you live in the real and not an ideal world so accept the fact you will fall off the wagon a few times on the way but as long as you can spend 80% of the time doing the right stuff you should be grand
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

[check out conditioning research if i remember rightly there was a few articles on building running stamina by HIIT sprint training.

Tried HIIT training for the first time 2 weeks ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever done - many sites say this exercise is not for everyone - very true but very satisfying. I have started running this summer and could not carry on without a running partner for all those very early mornings when bed seemed to be the best option. We did our first ever race on Saturday in Windsor and we are still smiling. We get up and take the kids (they come on their bikes) at 6 am rain or shine. My running partner is on her own with her son so this is the only way we can do it but we will continue . One of the best things is the kids reactions - they now see getting up early and training and their mums going to do races as the norm - hopefully they can take exercise as an everyday thing instead of x - box. Sorry for waffling just feel great and hopefully prove that anyone can do something.
We did enjoy our post race beers on Saturday night all the better.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

http://www.gymjunkies.com/beginners-workout-plan/

this involves the gym!! which workout did you do?

edited! ignore found the home workout section!
start with these

http://www.gymjunkies.com/home-workout-for-beginner/

http://www.gymjunkies.com/weight-loss-diet/
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:22 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

best core exercise ever..........burpess....end off

do the prisoner burpee challenge, decending sets done with no rest. start with 20 reps then 19, then 18 etc all the way down to 1 rep. aim to complete in under 30 mins
Do full burpee ie chest to floor, full push up and proper jump to reset getting as much height as possible. all in its 210 consecutive burpees and it hurts like an absolute bitch. oh and your core will feel like you got the biggest shoeing of your life the next day!

check out conditioning research if i remember rightly there was a few articles on building running stamina by HIIT sprint training.

mind you, dont know why im telling you anything whilst i am well on my way to being fit again i can safely say an olympic tri would well and truely kick my arse at the moment
that sounds painfull. Ill need to try that. In fact that was a favourite in the Navy...we called them 'ohh no's'..you shouted 'ohh no' when you jumped at the top of the exercise..Tuesday night is my only night when im not training so that will be burpee night!!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:23 am
Concierge

thanks!!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

lol no probs,
if you really want to do it you will and remeber you live in the real and not an ideal world so accept the fact you will fall off the wagon a few times on the way but as long as you can spend 80% of the time doing the right stuff you should be grand
that is wise words, for any plan to work long term, you need to be realistic..you cant change your life totally..

Last night i had a big KFC bucket..why?? cause i bloody wanted one!!

I would advise running also, there are great running groups in Dxb and AD that have all abilities and no pretence whatsoever. I run with the group in AD and it is such a great experience. Lovely people, encouragement for all and not one ounce of anyone belittling others.

really recommend it in groups as some people find running alone hard work and demotivating.

last year i done 1 x 10K run (Dxb 10K in 47mins)

this year i am doing on average 30K a week and have entered 3 half marathons this year. Only because i have been inspired by others and also i love the challenge or competing against my friends.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:30 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
that is wise words, for any plan to work long term, you need to be realistic..you cant change your life totally..

I would advise running also, there are great running groups in Dxb and AD that have all abilities and no pretence whatsoever. I run with the group in AD and it is such a great experience. Lovely people, encouragement for all and not one ounce of anyone belittling others.

really recommend it in groups as some people find running alone hard work and demotivating.

this year i am doing on average 30K a week and have entered 3 half marathons this year. Only because i have been inspired by others and also i love the challenge or competing against my friends.
absolutely amazing!! well done
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

that sounds painfull. Ill need to try that. In fact that was a favourite in the Navy...we called them 'ohh no's'..you shouted 'ohh no' when you jumped at the top of the exercise..Tuesday night is my only night when im not training so that will be burpee night!!
aye it is, the army call them bastards, gotta shout bastard as you star jump. try not hate me too much cos at about the 12-14 reps sets you will realise just how stupid a task you have set yourself
one of my longterm goals is the "burpee mile"

http://www.vimeo.com/4070556

Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:31 am
banned

aye it is, the army call them bastards, gotta shout bastard as you star jump. try not hate me too much cos at about the 12-14 reps sets you will realise just how stupid a task you have set yourself
one of my longterm goals is the "burpee mile"

http://www.vimeo.com/4070556

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bvCLxD3BI98
yes, the Royal Navy are a little more polite than the pongo's
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:34 am
**** it we'll do it live

ta, i cheat fairly frequently tbh and the way i see it, if your going to cheat then **** it cheat big!!!! that said a 3 wk trip to the UK saw me gain 12lbs **** bit too much cheating there, although I've already lost 6 of that by doing nowt but eating better since i got back so...

will get into some running now the weather is on its way to being sensible again, really like the idea of some desert running as well, the idea appeals to me for some reason
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:35 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had my right hip replaced and want to get on the fitness trail when I'm recovered. I quite fancy getting into cycling or something like that - a more social kind of activity rather than sticking the i-pod on and being bored in the gym. But generally just want to get down to a decent weight and up to a decent level of fitness. I've been given a second chance and I don't want to waste it.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:37 am
**** it we'll do it live

yes, the Royal Navy are a little more polite than the pongo's
senior service and all that,

besides your all faires so its not surprising your so polite!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.