British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   'The Fish Supper' (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fish-supper-599290/)

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 7:34 am

'The Fish Supper'

Went to this new Arabian Mall place next to me at Al Mizhar, totally full of locals but thats what you expect round there to be honest,

anyway the chip shop that was in Bin Sougat is upstairs in the food court, it's called 'The Fish Supper' and I have to say it was pretty ace,

I had:

John Dory and chips (Fish was good, not as good as cod but good - chips nice and chunky)
Big pot of curry sauce
4 slices of bread and butter

It was the business, can't remember how much it cost, about AED55 or something I think, but well worth it, and they deliver.....

:thumbup:

admon Mar 23rd 2009 7:35 am

Re: 'The Fish Supper'

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7408917)
Went to this new Arabian Mall place next to me at Al Mizhar, totally full of locals but thats what you expect round there to be honest,

anyway the chip shop that was in Bin Sougat is upstairs in the food court, it's called 'The Fish Supper' and I have to say it was pretty ace,

I had:

John Dory and chips (Fish was good, not as good as cod but good - chips nice and chunky)
Big pot of curry sauce

It was the business, can't remember how much it cost, about AED55 or something I think, but well worth it, and they deliver.....

I did say it was ace when it was at bin sougat centre.. oh the doubters..

curry sauce is the best

Grace O Malley Mar 23rd 2009 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7408917)

I had:

Big pot of curry sauce

oh you lot a so lucky with all the restaurant choices you have

admon Mar 23rd 2009 7:58 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7408950)

a hint of sarcasm there? or genuine fish and chip envy?

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 7:58 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7408925)
I did say it was ace when it was at bin sougat centre.. oh the doubters..

curry sauce is the best

aye I know, mrs spugsy HATES it, she almost fell over the sofa backwards when I kissed her when we got home.

(She wouldn't even give me a peck on the cheek in that mall as since those stupid rules and regs went round she's terrified of getting into trouble if there are emirates around).

admon Mar 23rd 2009 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7408957)
aye I know, mrs spugsy HATES it, she almost fell over the sofa backwards when I kissed her when we got home.

(She wouldn't even give me a peck on the cheek in that mall as since those stupid rules and regs went round she's terrified of getting into trouble if there are emirates around).

he he
hows mizhar?
you shopping at aswaaq yet?

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 8:02 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7408960)
he he
hows mizhar?

honest she's terrified,

Mizhar is good, we seem to intrigue the kids though as we're white, they keep waving at us and saying hello, the indian houseboys just blatanlty stare,

its good, but by good it's hard to find where we live, I've had to print off a google map today as its all street 18 that turns into street 11b then right at street 20 etc etc

Glad I'm next to teh chippy though :)

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 8:02 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7408960)
he he
hows mizhar?

whats aswaaq?

Grace O Malley Mar 23rd 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7408954)
a hint of sarcasm there? or genuine fish and chip envy?

oh nooo, I love fish and chips, yum, went to the famous one in London in December, the one in Marleybone, cant remember the name, the queue was massive and limos parked outside.

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Mar 23rd 2009 8:06 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7408950)

We used to have one here though, didn't we? Years ago? Busybee will remember...

admon Mar 23rd 2009 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7408964)
whats aswaaq?

supermarket for 'locals'
thought the mizhar one was open, saw signs to it the other day.
Excellent for fruit and veg.

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 8:10 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7408967)
oh nooo, I love fish and chips, yum, went to the famous one in London in December, the one in Marleybone, cant remember the name, the queue was massive and limos parked outside.

there's a famous one in Whitby near Scarborough, its amazing, huge cod and you sit on the seafront eating them,

then you can go to the dracula museum,

heh, what more do you want from a day out?

MacScot Mar 23rd 2009 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7408980)
there's a famous one in Whitby near Scarborough, its amazing, huge cod and you sit on the seafront eating them,

Always thought you Geordies were into haddock rather than cod...like your friendly neighbours north of the border ?

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Mar 23rd 2009 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7408980)

Spugsy, I'm going to Scarborough in a couple of weeks. What's the fish & chip place called?

commander Mar 23rd 2009 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7408987)
Spugsy, I'm going to Scarborough in a couple of weeks. What's the fish & chip place called?

**** me there are tonnes of chippers in Scarbrough..