Fish and Chips

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fish and Chips

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know we had a discussion about take aways for fish and chips but where do you rate for dining in, my two favourites are The Dhow and Anchor and Fish and Co at Festival City
Where's festival city and how do i get there from Abu Dhabi, think I could be planning a fish and chips expedition this weekend!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simcalreet
Where's festival city and how do i get there from Abu Dhabi, think I could be planning a fish and chips expedition this weekend!
Festival City is over near the airport, but I would try the Dhow and Anchor first at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, remember it's Ramadan
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Festival City is over near the airport, but I would try the Dhow and Anchor first at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, remember it's Ramadan
Do you think they'll do a fish and chips iftar...?
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
Would that be Bobs Fish 'n 'Chips opposite Dreamworks Massage? Was it any good?
That place is brilliant.

Perfect for me after falling out the Byblos.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:22 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
That place is brilliant.

Perfect for me after falling out the Byblos.
I was in there on the weekend watching the Chelsea game.

Thought the boozer was shite.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Only ever found 2 decent fish & chips places in ME

2. Kuwait has organica (only chippe now where near as good as home though - its australian is probably the reason they used potatoe wedges instead of chips)
Went to Organica and scrap it from the to-do list unless your desperate for fish & chips (they have organica pizza now which is ok'ish but i hate to pay almost GBP15 for a medium pizza
Old Aug 25th 2011, 4:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I was in there on the weekend watching the Chelsea game.

Thought the boozer was shite.
Why?

I was in there all last night playing darts, was quality.

That being said the pool table and their idea of how to run a pool table is absolutely ****ing atrocious.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why?

I was in there all last night playing darts, was quality.

That being said the pool table and their idea of how to run a pool table is absolutely ****ing atrocious.
surely its just '20p on the edge in a queue, until its your 20p turn', simple rule??
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

geordie.alzaabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Fish and Chips

Try The British Kitchen in Umm Sequiem 2 at the bottom of Al Manara on Beach Road. Fresh Cod and Haddock with real chips!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie.alzaabi
Try The British Kitchen in Umm Sequiem 2 at the bottom of Al Manara on Beach Road. Fresh Cod and Haddock with real chips!
They have cod swimming in the Arabian Gulf, do they? Its hardly likely to be fresh in the traditional sense. Defrosted most likely.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Its airfreighted over on ice and digitally maintained instead of frozen, same concept as Dhow and Anchor and Rivington. See if you can taste the difference...
Old Oct 10th 2011, 5:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Its airfreighted over on ice and digitally maintained instead of frozen, same concept as Dhow and Anchor and Rivington. See if you can taste the difference...
Bet they still can't do the batter properly though?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Well I am the owner and therefore biast lol, but I can tell you that I make it with none alcoholic beer and the special flour mix is brought over from newcastle. You will have to go and then tell me what you think
Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am the owner and therefore biast lol, but I can tell you that I make it with none alcoholic beer and the special flour mix is brought over from newcastle. You will have to go and then tell me what you think
Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Please explain how you digitally maintain fish. Its a new concept to me. So how much do you charge for your cod and chips? Presumably, if you are advertising on here for free, you will offer BE members a nice discount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.