Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

First World Problem - Need to buy a car as a gift in Dubai.

First World Problem - Need to buy a car as a gift in Dubai.

Old Jun 28th 2018, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First World Problem - Need to buy a car as a gift in Dubai.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Not specifically aimed at Jags but a 10 year old car sounds like a ticking time bomb of maintenance to me. Every time his wife breaks down, he is going to be delighted about the gift he got her
But it's the gift that just keeps taking....

Every time it goes wrong she'll think of you - for better or worse!
Old Jun 29th 2018, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for hooking me up with julian BritishExpat.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I tried a few car showrooms around Barsha / Al Quoz and having dealt with too many smarmy lying salesmen got to the point where I was losing the will to live. I changed tack and bought her some jewellery instead, at least it's less likely to break down.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

For a 100K dirhams, you can buy a nice classic muscle car in the US , like the classic Mustang. Being from a era without computer and electronic wizardry , they are also easy and cheap to work on.