First move abroad

Old Oct 22nd 2015, 4:38 am
Just Joined

stuartyr83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First move abroad

Hello all,

Recently moved to Dubai (5/10) from Aberdeen in not-so-sunny Scotland.

Although it's very early days, MrsStuartyR83 and me are really enjoying our time out here.

Have initially been staying at a hotel right next to the station at Internet City but have just agreed a year long lease in to JLT from 1 November and can't wait to get settled!

I still can't believe it's October and I'm not having to scrape the car (albeit I'm getting the metro on a daily basis!).

Cheers
Stuart
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:28 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First move abroad

Hey Stuart,
welcome to the pit mate
heres one for the road :

Q: What's the difference between England and a teabag?
A: A teabag could stay in the cup for longer.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Hey Stuart,
welcome to the pit mate
heres one for the road :

Q: What's the difference between England and a teabag?
A: A teabag could stay in the cup for longer.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to DXB,
the craving for square sausage will come soon.
If you need any help with maid protocols or holidays in India, you are at the right place
Have fun and hope you both enjoy
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Welcome to DXB,
the craving for square sausage will come soon.
If you need any help with maid protocols or holidays in India, you are at the right place
Have fun and hope you both enjoy
Cheers!

I was in a shop yesterday that was selling irn-bru...I wasn't hungover so no need for the bru...yet.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 9:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartyr83
Cheers!

I was in a shop yesterday that was selling irn-bru...I wasn't hungover so no need for the bru...yet.
Plan ahead and keep some at home or the delightfully named Pocari Sweat. Essential for hangovers.

Old Oct 25th 2015, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
Plan ahead and keep some at home or the delightfully named Pocari Sweat. Essential for hangovers.

Thank you Meow...will definitely keep in mind.

Was looking at your posts giving great financial advice (work in the same field) and I've got to say it's been a real eye opener coming over here and seeing some of the products people have been sold

The initial (x3), on-going and surrender charges, wrappers wrapped in other wrappers, structured products etc - absolutely terrifying.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 10:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartyr83
Thank you Meow...will definitely keep in mind.

Was looking at your posts giving great financial advice (work in the same field) and I've got to say it's been a real eye opener coming over here and seeing some of the products people have been sold

The initial (x3), on-going and surrender charges, wrappers wrapped in other wrappers, structured products etc - absolutely terrifying.

Structured products that the salesman doesn't understand, double-dipping on commissions, unsuitable 25 year plans and failure to explain charges and penalties. All sadly too normal as is a failure to provide ongoing service or care at all.

I do hope you'll be one of the good guys. There is a reason why many companies have a poor reputation.

Just seen who you are with. Do say hi to my mate Pippa.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Structured products that the salesman doesn't understand, double-dipping on commissions, unsuitable 25 year plans and failure to explain charges and penalties. All sadly too normal as is a failure to provide ongoing service or care at all.

I do hope you'll be one of the good guys. There is a reason why many companies have a poor reputation.

Just seen who you are with. Do say hi to my mate Pippa.
It is just horrendous. All the points you made I have seen in the 2 weeks I've been out and also the number of UCIS funds along with ones that have been suspended. Terrifying!

Haha...she is off today but I will let her know

Last edited by stuartyr83; Oct 25th 2015 at 10:29 am.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 3:56 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

i am sure someone can categorize that as financial dirty talking
Old Oct 25th 2015, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It was the bit about wrappers that lead me to think they were flirting.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It was the bit about wrappers that lead me to think they were flirting.
monetary sexting
Old Oct 26th 2015, 9:34 am
Just Joined

hahahaha
Old Oct 29th 2015, 5:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

double-dipping
I love a double dip.