British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   First Gulf Bank (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/first-gulf-bank-780148/)

Kix Dec 10th 2012 10:26 am

First Gulf Bank

In Abu Dhabi, anyone got a direct number of someone who I can speak to there? Preferably someone who is senior.

It's an ex-customer's complaint. I paid off a credit card in 2006 and their external collections department are now calling me, faxing my company every day, saying they will embarrass me in front of everyone from my boss to the cleaner, and also saying they'll send all my personal details to everyone and his dog.

There is no court case, there is no debt.

Anyone?

flares Dec 10th 2012 11:03 am

Re: First Gulf Bank

Justice for Kix

Meow Dec 10th 2012 11:33 am

Do you not have the final clearance letter? It is worth paying for when a debt is settled.

Now if only there was someone who dealt with these kind of issues with UAE banks for people...

Kix Dec 10th 2012 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10425644)
Do you not have the final clearance letter? It is worth paying for when a debt is settled.

Now if only there was someone who dealt with these kind of issues with UAE banks for people...

Not now I don't, no, it was 6 years and 4 countries ago!!!!!

Meow Dec 10th 2012 12:11 pm

It is an important document. You should have kept it, or at least a copy, in a safe place.

menonrajeshk Dec 17th 2012 9:42 am

Might be able to help...let me know your account number & email ID.

Meow Dec 17th 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by menonrajeshk (Post 10437446)

Yes, it's always wise to give such information to a total stranger from the internet...

:rolleyes:

Dumbo Dec 17th 2012 10:14 am

Originally Posted by menonrajeshk (Post 10437446)

Brilliant! :D

The Dean Dec 17th 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10425550)
In Abu Dhabi, anyone got a direct number of someone who I can speak to there? Preferably someone who is senior.

It's an ex-customer's complaint. I paid off a credit card in 2006 and their external collections department are now calling me, faxing my company every day, saying they will embarrass me in front of everyone from my boss to the cleaner, and also saying they'll send all my personal details to everyone and his dog.

There is no court case, there is no debt.

Anyone?

1 - Good personal friend of the Head of Treasury, I am.......... it won't be his problem, but he will know the right person to contact.
2 - This sounds like it might be worth calling the police (harrassment, etc).

Blue Cat Dec 17th 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10437633)
1 - Good personal friend of the Head of Treasury, I am.......... it won't be his problem, but he will know the right person to contact.
2 - This sounds like it might be worth calling the police (harrassment, etc).

go on Kix I dare you :p

menonrajeshk Dec 24th 2012 9:53 am

Kix - You can refer your complaint to the contact / email details to the Bank so that the same can be sorted out.
http://www.fgb.ae/en/contact-us.aspx

lanarkwitch Dec 27th 2012 6:58 am

Mr Lanark threatened to call the police on HSBC in Abu Dhabi a few years back at one point they had 44k of our money in failed transfers and kept saying they knew nothing about where the money was, the minute he mentioned police, theft and fraud, it all got suddenly sorted out, although they did charge us for the FX difference