British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   First day back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/first-day-back-925589/)

Millhouse Jun 9th 2019 4:57 am

First day back
 
How's the first day back after the week off?

I've actually been out of the office for 3 weeks due to travel, not easy coming in today!

Scamp Jun 9th 2019 5:37 am

Re: First day back
 
Agony.

We had a wonderful Eid break and I've got a busy week of sorting stuff for Sydney working next week.

Lots of travel with a new bambino, you're brave, stupid, very clever or a mix....

Millhouse Jun 9th 2019 6:28 am

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12695491)
Agony.

We had a wonderful Eid break and I've got a busy week of sorting stuff for Sydney working next week.

Lots of travel without the new bambino, you're brave, stupid, very clever or a mix....

small clarification. :)

Scamp Jun 9th 2019 7:40 am

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12695504)
small clarification. :)

Sorry - That's what I meant. You're travelling and leaving the wife to deal with it all alone.

Brave, stupid or clever?

Millhouse Jun 9th 2019 8:25 am

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12695521)
Sorry - That's what I meant. You're travelling and leaving the wife to deal with it all alone.

Brave, stupid or clever?

I know, it's insane.

Miss Ann Thrope Jun 12th 2019 9:22 pm

Re: First day back
 
And finally it's down to just you two... Get the lights then Scamp pet.

Scamp Jun 13th 2019 3:42 am

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12697249)
And finally it's down to just you two... Get the lights then Scamp pet.

Tragic eh. Millhouse must have scared them all off.

Millhouse Jun 13th 2019 6:58 am

Re: First day back
 
I feel like Thanos

Scamp Jun 13th 2019 9:17 am

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12697415)
I feel like Thanos

I don't even know who or what Thanos is. Is it a Marvel thing?

Miss Ann Thrope Jun 14th 2019 12:07 pm

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12697415)
I feel like Thanos

Hmm, maybe a mini Thanos action figure...

Irishbeekeeper Jun 15th 2019 4:30 pm

Re: First day back
 
What week off? Tuesday Wednesday off. Back to Work on Thursday. Friday was another holiday anyway.
Proper summer is here now and that means there is literally no one who wants to buy anything.
This is so boring that I almost want the septics to start something with Iran just to get to see some action.
But on a serious note, this would be a disaster worse than Iraq if these idiots decide to actually do something with Iran.

Scamp Jun 16th 2019 11:35 pm

Re: First day back
 
I'm eternally grateful to be down in rainy Sydney this week. The heat and humidity was nasty last week.

TheShed Jun 17th 2019 6:51 am

Re: First day back
 
I'm still here, so keep the lights going for now :-).

Had a big surgery on my spine which timed wonderfully for the week before Eid and then I was working (vastly reduced hours) from home until today. First day back in the real office and I honestly had to think of which way to drive to work as its been so long. I can still claim that I'm recovering so I'll probably just do Ramadan style hours until the summer hols :)


Scamp Jun 17th 2019 11:04 pm

Re: First day back
 

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12699045)
I'm still here, so keep the lights going for now :-).

Had a big surgery on my spine which timed wonderfully for the week before Eid and then I was working (vastly reduced hours) from home until today. First day back in the real office and I honestly had to think of which way to drive to work as its been so long. I can still claim that I'm recovering so I'll probably just do Ramadan style hours until the summer hols :)

Glad to hear you're fixed and up and out properly. :thumbup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.