British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   first aid (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/first-aid-538778/)

twinkle-star May 25th 2008 1:25 pm

first aid
 
how do u stop a cut thumb
was chopping peppers and my thumb got in the way sliced a small deep chunk an the skin has flapped back over but wont stop any ideas before i bleed to death ...:eek::eek:

Blue Cat May 25th 2008 1:26 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6392011)
how do u stop a cut thumb
was chopping peppers and my thumb got in the way sliced a small deep chunk an the skin has flapped back over but wont stop any ideas before i bleed to death ...:eek::eek:

cold water!!! get some ice on it :)

Ozzidoc May 25th 2008 1:26 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6392011)
how do u stop a cut thumb
was chopping peppers and my thumb got in the way sliced a small deep chunk an the skin has flapped back over but wont stop any ideas before i bleed to death ...:eek::eek:

Compression for at least five minutes while holding/resting it above the level of your heart. Good luck with it.

Ozzidoc May 25th 2008 1:27 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6392012)
cold water!!! get some ice on it :)

You can put ice in a tea-towel or similar and then apply this for 20 mins max. ONCE ONLY. ie NOT 20 mins on and then off. Just 20 mins once only.

Cold water can prevent/dislodge clotting.

twinkle-star May 25th 2008 1:31 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6392012)
cold water!!! get some ice on it :)


Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6392014)
Compression for at least five minutes while holding/resting it above the level of your heart. Good luck with it.

fanks its in kichen roll and now above my head.....can taste blood yak! never stuck it in my mouth tho....weird!! Making kebabs.....:unsure:

benzonar May 25th 2008 2:04 pm

Re: first aid
 
If it is a nice clean cut you can use superglue to close it up. Only round the edges though, not inside.

Otherwise dip it in a jar of vinegar, won't do any good apart from teach you to be more careful in the future.

The Dean May 25th 2008 2:15 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6392028)
fanks its in kichen roll and now above my head.....can taste blood yak! never stuck it in my mouth tho....weird!! Making kebabs.....:unsure:

Well???? Post something FFS.......

Otherwise we must assume we will may have our first BE-ME funeral to attend.........

Blue Cat May 25th 2008 2:34 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6392142)
Well???? Post something FFS.......

Otherwise we must assume we will may have our first BE-ME funeral to attend.........

she will be eating the kebabs now :p

twinkle-star May 25th 2008 3:47 pm

Re: first aid
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6392187)
she will be eating the kebabs now :p

Quite right and having a medicinal glass of wine!:lol:
Mr Star came home and patched me up. My bandage is now thumb size again and i can type. Still throbbing but am sure it will go off with a few more glasses of wine...Hic!:blink:

Thanks for all your concern including Benzoid for the vinegar advice...its all logged away for future reference along with that bus joke...;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:09 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.