Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Finally escaped the UAE

Finally escaped the UAE

Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Finally escaped the UAE

Yes I finally got out, after damaging my passport and having to visit Dubai immigration 3 days in a row from Abu Dhabi just to get permission to leave the country, I made it to wonderful Thailand and never plan on coming back to the UAE. I'd fly over Antarctica just to avoid a transit stop of the place.

No issues leaving the country, no issues with my company approving a visa transfer even though I'd lost my job... everything sweet.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally escaped the UAE

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Yes I finally got out, after damaging my passport and having to visit Dubai immigration 3 days in a row from Abu Dhabi just to get permission to leave the country, I made it to wonderful Thailand and never plan on coming back to the UAE. I'd fly over Antarctica just to avoid a transit stop of the place.

No issues leaving the country, no issues with my company approving a visa transfer even though I'd lost my job... everything sweet.
Yes that's all very well, but you'll be coming back for the next BE Night Out I assume???
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yes that's all very well, but you'll be coming back for the next BE Night Out I assume???
Oh yes and it will be my first one.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

good luck in Thailand
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your escape AW hope it all goes well.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks

Oh and a couple of hours ago, someone ffrom First Gulf Bank called on my UAE number asking if I wanted a loan top up.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Thanks

Oh and a couple of hours ago, someone ffrom First Gulf Bank called on my UAE number asking if I wanted a loan top up.
You owe them?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
You owe them?
Yes I have a loan with them but havent missed a payment..... yet.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have a loan with them but havent missed a payment..... yet.
You've already left??

And they've offered you a top-up??

Then take the idiots for every penny they've got...............
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

You've already left??

And they've offered you a top-up??

Then take the idiots for every penny they've got...............
Thats what I was thinking. I wonder if they would credit my account without getting anything from my side...
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats what I was thinking. I wonder if they would credit my account without getting anything from my side...
Then you use your online banking facility to transfer the money to Thailand.....

I'll take 10% for the idea, you keep the rest............
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Then you use your online banking facility to transfer the money to Thailand.....

I'll take 10% for the idea, you keep the rest............
Ah the old trick of trying to copyright an idea ehhh. Next time the idiot calls me I'll ask him to western union another 100k over here and see what he says.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

In general I would advice against skipping paying FGB in particular, any other UAE bank but FGB.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
In general I would advice against skipping paying FGB in particular, any other UAE bank but FGB.
Would you care to elaborate on the reasons why?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Because it´s a bank with a direct connection to all major western intelligence networks.
Its chairman is head of UAE intelligence and security and runs an "invisible" prison for CIA just to give you an example..

But then they will hardly pursue anyone for a minor sum, but they will always know where you are and your name will always be on a file somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.