Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Films that scared the shit out of you

Films that scared the shit out of you

Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future
Default Re: Films that scared the shit out of you

The Exorcist without a doubt. Tried to be cool and watch it with my 16 year old friends when I was just 13. Vomited the whole way through and didn't sleep for a very long time.
It still terrifies me to this day, I don't know why I put myself through it!

Also The Collector - Scared me for weeks
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:15 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
Open Water didn't bother me in the slightest, I found it a bit slow if anything. I used to love Nightmare on Elm Street when it first came out but the later films were crap. There was a Stephen King thing that scared me, the one with the Clown in it?
"It" - Tim Curry played that brilliantly.

I found the first Alien scary when I first saw it. John Carpenter's The Thing was scary in a good way and very gory.

N.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:27 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

" The descent" Not a great movie but crawling through tight caves with monsters on your heels brought out the worst claustrophobia in me.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
"It" - Tim Curry played that brilliantly.

I found the first Alien scary when I first saw it. John Carpenter's The Thing was scary in a good way and very gory.

N.
that was IT well creepy film
Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DohaLady View Post
The Exorcist without a doubt. Tried to be cool and watch it with my 16 year old friends when I was just 13. Vomited the whole way through and didn't sleep for a very long time.
It still terrifies me to this day, I don't know why I put myself through it!

Also The Collector - Scared me for weeks
Just spotted this post............ 'vomited the whole way through it'?? Did the person in the seat in front enjoy the vom-shampoo?
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:45 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate View Post
" The descent" Not a great movie but crawling through tight caves with monsters on your heels brought out the worst claustrophobia in me.
That one got me too...bloody frightening idea being trapped in caves with mutant cannibal things. Even worse than a night in Bur Dubai

N.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Invasion of the Body Snatchers is the one that I remember scaring me as a child, the 1970s remake with Donald Sutherland, I probably watched it in the late 70s or very early 80s when I was very young.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:17 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I was terrified watching Face Off. I was too young to be watching it and the thought of being trapped is a fear I have....so being trapped in someone else 'face', in jail, with no hope was utterly, bed-wettingly terrifying.

That film with the person buried alive makes me feel sick at the thought.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future

Just spotted this post............ 'vomited the whole way through it'?? Did the person in the seat in front enjoy the vom-shampoo?
I'm no where near old enough to have gone to the cinema to see it!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen the Conjurer? supposed to be the scariest film made ever, I have a copy but I am too scared to watch it !
Old Aug 21st 2013, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Has anyone seen the Conjurer? supposed to be the scariest film made ever, I have a copy but I am too scared to watch it !
The Conjuring....yes watched it last week. Fairly good.

It reminded me of a cross between the Amityville Horror and The Exorcist. (probably more because it is set in the 70s in a big old house.

The copy I watched wasn't very good quality but I'll definitely watch it again when I get hold of a proper HD quality version.

The fact that it is based on true events and the movie has been confirmed as being accurate to the real events by the woman who lived it in real life makes it significantly more scary.

Last edited by Mogs; Aug 21st 2013 at 11:20 am. Reason: missed a bit
Old Aug 21st 2013, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
The Conjuring....yes watched it last week. Fairly good.

It reminded me of a cross between the Amityville Horror and The Exorcist. (probably more because it is set in the 70s in a big old house.

The copy I watched wasn't very good quality but I'll definitely watch it again when I get hold of a proper HD quality version.

The fact that it is based on true events and the movie has been confirmed as being accurate to the real events by the woman who lived it in real life makes it significantly more scary.
it's that last paragraph that scares me the most
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 9:50 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

While on the topic of movies that scared you!
This is called a sinkhole and for some reason it just gave me goosebumps!

http://www.break.com/index/the-tree-...nkhole-2508728
Old Aug 24th 2013, 6:09 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

it's that last paragraph that scares me the most
The only RIPS I can find have giant chinese subtitles on. Will wait until I find one that doesn't.

Unless anyone knows of a torrent link?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.