Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Films that scared the shit out of you

Films that scared the shit out of you

Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Films that scared the shit out of you

Originally Posted by Kix
Agreed on Wolf Creek. Disturbing. Bloody Aussies eh?
Wolf Creek was terrible - but I'm going to see Wolf Creek 2 when it comes out anyway.

Jaws scared me as a kid, and still have shark phobia, but I think that's because I come from WA where Great Whites tend to snack on people often.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

The Wizard of Oz scared me shitless but then again I was only 8 !
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Chucky!! had to switch that one of as well!
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:56 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

The Excorcist, saw it as a teen when it first came out
The Shining had its moments, but the book was far scarier.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
The Excorcist, saw it as a teen when it first came out
The Shining had its moments, but the book was far scarier.
The Exorcist was horrific, I hated Amityville as well
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:02 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Chucky!! had to switch that one of as well!
Wasn't that remade as Toy Story?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
When you ask--clearly and in writing--two or more questions, and the response doesn't answer all the questions and the respondent doesn't acknowledge that fact.

When I had direct reports (ahh, life's so simple now ) I used this as an example of what was the biggest portion of appraisals--how many times I had to ask before I got a full answer (even if part of it was, "Sorry, regarding point b I don't know, but I'll get back to you, but here's the answer to the other questions you asked.").

(I'm also very against incorrect punctuation--if you can manage to use four punctuation marks in succession that's definite browny (Brownie?) points.)

Do you want to add 'people who answer in the wrong thread'?

Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Do you want to add 'people who answer in the wrong thread'?

Yes, but only other people
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
I agree that Jaws, Evil dead and Halloween were really scary..that Michael Myers just wouldnt die, and it set a theme for lots of other horror films, the babysitter getting it on with the good looking, athletic loudmouth who ends up pinned to the door by an axe etc.

Salems lot was quite scary, the vampire scratching at the window scene.

Can remember watching Candyman and being scared,and also the first Scream movie scared me, then they just got ridiculous.

Also the one with Jason with the hockey mask..cant remember the name, Nightmare on Elm street was good too, the first one anyway.

I used to cry behind a cushion watching the original Frankenstein, I always felt sorry for him.
".....Frankenstein, I always felt sorry for him....."

Classic Error No 459: Frankenstein is the scientist - the creature doesn't have a name (I think)...........
Old Aug 13th 2013, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
".....Frankenstein, I always felt sorry for him....."

Classic Error No 459: Frankenstein is the scientist - the creature doesn't have a name (I think)...........
Yes, your right

However, he does call himself when speaking to his creator, "The Adam of your labours.

He is also variously referred to as a "creature", "fiend", "wretch", "zombie" "devil", and "ogre" in the novel.

I Frankenstein, the movie is coming out January 2014 starring Aaron Eckhart
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Yes, your right

However, he does call himself when speaking to his creator, "The Adam of your labours.

He is also variously referred to as a "creature", "fiend", "wretch", "zombie" "devil", and "ogre" in the novel.

I Frankenstein, the movie is coming out January 2014 starring Aaron Eckhart
Aaron Eckhart? As the monster presumably, not the scientist.......?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Water ship Down
Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Has anyone mentioned The Woman In Black? (Daniel Radcliffe film that is on OSN Movies every five minutes). Some genuinely creepy bits in that (although Deanetta says the stage production, which I didn't see, was far scarier - genuinely terrifying).
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Water ship Down
After the film came out, but before I saw it, I bought the book with my pocket money. That was NOT a children's book. I recall it being all about rabbits dying, being haunted and in danger and it was really very disturbing indeed.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:36 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
Has anyone mentioned The Woman In Black? (Daniel Radcliffe film that is on OSN Movies every five minutes). Some genuinely creepy bits in that (although Deanetta says the stage production, which I didn't see, was far scarier - genuinely terrifying).
I am the other way round, not seen the film but did see the stage production, it was well scary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.